Friday, February 01, 2008

Oh yes it's ladies night...And the feeling's right...


...Oh yes it's ladies night... Oh what a night (oh what a night)!

Sorry. Had that Kool & The Gang song in my head.

Tonight I have a couple of "girlfriends" coming over for movie night. Girlfriends in quotes as those who will be over are who Boyfriend likes to call my "gay entourage." I don't know if I'm really up for a true night of going out since I've been dealing with the cruds all week, but I think I'm ok with a few visitors. I think I'm also going a bit stir crazy having been absolutely worthless the last couple of days - no gym time, no errands have been ran, my drycleaning is about as tall as I am - so visitors should do me some good. I'm thinking a scary movie night. I don't think my brain can handle anything too thought-provoking at this point.

As for the weekend, I'm not sure what I've got going on. I know a couple of my friends are in Arizona for Super Bowl weekend. I opted not to go...although I should have since Boyfriend is out of town. Boyfriend has a childhood friend in town with his girlfriend. They are in Houston only through Monday and the girlfriend sent me a note on MySpace about getting together for dinner. I've only met them once, so I'm hoping they won't want to meet up after I responded that Boyfriend is out of town. I think it's more that I'm still kind of under the weather, and I'm just not up to being Miss Houston Tour Guide Extraordinaire. Seriously, I actually love playing the welcome wagon for people visiting...even if they aren't even MY friends, but I'm just not feeling it right now. Does that make me a bad person?

As for my super cooties, I've apparently gotten Single Girl sick via our web contact. I hope she doesn't get nearly as bad as I have been the last few days. I tried burning it out of me with alcohol and it didn't work out...so take lots of Vitamin C and get some rest!

No comments: