Friday, February 15, 2008

YAY! Boyfriend is Home!!!

Boyfriend's flight from Jamaica arrived just in time for him to beat me home from work today. Almost 3 weeks away, and it felt like FOREVER! When I got home, he came down the the stairs from the third floor and peaked around the second floor to see me in the kitchen. After running up to give him a kiss when I noticed his little head pop out of the stairwell, we spent the first five minutes of seeing each other alternating kisses and greetings while sitting on the steps. We were so happy to see each other we just sat where we were and didn't bother moving to the couch or at least somewhere more comfortable than midway up the staircase. It was nice to know that he missed me just as much. After doing our low-rent version of the kissing scene from The Notebook, we finally left the staircase so that I could give him his Valentine's Day gift..that and our asses were starting to fall asleep on the stairs.

Regarding the gift...Everytime Boyfriend and I do something outdoorsy like hiking and running or when we go to the gym or travel to places where we are very active, he does not have a regular watch to wear. He only has one watch that he wears which is a really nice one, so I decided to get him a sports watch. I did a lot of research and found him this:

I decided on the Casio Atomic G-Shock AW-100. The Casio sports watches ranked in the overall Top 10 watches in the consumer rankings. All the others on the list including the Nike ones were just too extensive - mainly for Triatheletes or marathon runners. Boyfriend is neither, so I settled for something less costly and without all the additional features he wouldn't use. There are newer models of this watch, but I noticed that some of the consumer comments mentioned that they were bigger and bulkier, so I ordered the older model that had better compliments. And by the way, I LOVE AMAZON.COM. When I purchased it a couple of weeks ago, I was able to get it $40 cheaper on Amazon versus going directly through the Casio website. It does, however, look like the price has gone up since I bought it. I must have had good timing...yay, me! He also loved the watch, so double YAY, ME!
-
He took me to Mark's American Cuisine for dinner which was YUMMY! If you've never gone to Mark's before, you definitely should at least once. I do admit that the price is a bit lofty, but the ambiance can be very romantic and the food has always been excellent the few of times I've gone.
-
Now we're at home and Boyfriend is snuggled in bed...probably already snoring away. It's barely 10pm on a Friday night, but poor thing is utterly exhausted. He's been up since 4am Jamaica time (meaning 3am our time) to catch a 6am flight home. I could tell that the long day combined with the inevitable food coma on the rise, Boyfriend was barely going to stay awake for the car ride back to the house. I decided that the last of my belated Valentine's Day gifts to him would be to let him fall asleep in our comfy bed while I play on the computer in the guest room since I'm still relatively wide awake. Sleeping on a rock-hard hotel bed for 2.5 weeks did not make for happy sleep time while he was away. I'm sure he'll be completely out and not even notice when I sneak into bed when I finally turn in. Hopefully, he'll get a good night's sleep because we have all morning to get caught up on other things...*wink, wink*
-
Hope you guys have a wonderful Friday and rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay!!! It's always hard when you are dating someone who travels a lot. Good job on the watch!

Have LOTS of fun tomorrow morning!