We went to the new Japanese-French fusion restaurant Soma located in the Washington Corridor area. It's owned by the sushi restaurant Azuma. After reading reviews, I heard that the non-sushi menu is actually very good. We were in the mood for some raw fish, so I couldn't tell you what the other menu was like. I started off with some La Crema Pinot Noir and a very scrumption chuka salad (seaweed salad for those not familiar with Japanese cuisine). As you can tell by the picture, they have a very nice presentation with their salad. The rest of the sashimi and rolls we ordered were very good, too.
Blondie recapped her weekend with our other friend Grove in Arizona for both the Super Bowl and the FBR Open. Blondie's family are all there and her sister lives in a condo on the golf course the Open was being held. Her sister was was able to get club tickets for the golf tournament for everyone. It sounds like they had a good time overall and enjoyed hitting the local nightspots with the Super Bowl crowds in full partying force. I, on the other hand, recapped my boring couple of weeks of being a puny, coughing, miserable mess and my cleaning/organizing frenzy. Wow, that sounds pretty lame by comparison! Ha! However, I did tell her of mine and Boyfriend's upcoming trip to Costa Rica to redeem myself.
On my way home from the restaurant, Doc called. We talked until almost midnight...sheesh! Needless to say, it was a bit tough getting up this morning. Regardless, it's always nice to get to talk to him.

No comments:
Post a Comment