Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Name Change

From now on, I will be addressing Baby as "Boyfriend". It's kind of a stupid reason why I'm making the name change, but I never said I wasn't a bit goofy. I bumped into an acquaintance a couple of days ago who informed me that she is now a proud owner of a hairless cat. I was dumbfounded. Some might say speechless. I've always thought that hairless cats reminded me of warm, raw chicken. Disgusting. Let alone that anyone would actually want to own one. Guess what the kitty's name is... Yep, "Baby". With that in mind, when I started a couple of posts I never finished earlier this week, my brain would flash to pictures of a shivering naked, hairless feline every time I mentioned Baby. Or sometimes out of sheer comedic craziness, I'd envision a hairless cat with a bad toupee tap dancing on its hind legs with a cane. Don't ask. I know I'm a freak. So this day forward, the title of Boyfriend will have to do.

4 comments:

Laura Funkyjunk Suarez said...

Good idea for a name change. Now, all I think I would see was that cat. That's awful! And warm, raw chicken is the perfect description! Seriously, you pegged that one!

So, boyfriend it is! You know on your very next blog, I will be all, "Who the hell is boyfriend? Where'd Baby go?"

But, I am retarded, so it's okay!

Anonymous said...

Every time I see a hairless cat or hear someone say something about a hairless cat I always think of the Friends episode when Rachel purchases a hairless cat. (It's one of my favorites.) I love how Joey said, "It's not a cat, it looks like a hand." I agree with Laura that warm, raw chicken is quite perfect!

Rice Spice said...

Looking at that bizarre hairless cat photo that I posted again, I just realized how strange hairless kitty butt looks. It bothers me so!

Anonymous said...

Poor, poor cat. I saw one in a petstore once, on the counter by the register, and it literally flinched anytime I, or anyone else, looked at it. I truly think it was embarrassed for being naked!