We have lift off! As of Saturday morning, an end came to my horrendous PMS and Baby's reasons for questioning my "demon-like behavior" (as he so eloquently put it). All the ladies can relate to the weight being lifted off my shoulders and my sanity being restored.
Baby went fishing this past weekend in Jacksonville, Florida, and caught all kinds of stuff. He had great stories about their boat trip out in the Atlantic that I almost regretted not going. Almost. I am glad he had such a fantastic time. I'm sure it was well-deserved and very much needed after dealing with me and my mood swings for the 10 days prior. I am also glad I got to spend the weekend here in Houston I got caught up on some well-overdue one-on-one time with Grove and relaxed. Grove and I talked a lot about life and relationships on Saturday in between football, buckets of beer, and water moccasin shots. Who would've thought that we would've gotten so deep watching football? I blame the water moccasins. The conversations were a strong reminder of just how lucky I am to have Baby as well as how much I love him. I'm glad he came back Sunday night because I missed him so much!
Baby and I ran errands and then lounged most of yesterday. He accompanied me to the "Indian" part of town by Hillcroft and Harwin to get my eyebrows threaded. I love how perfectly clean threading gets your eyebrows. Baby was a sport by sitting and waiting as the woman went to town on my brows listening to Indian music wailing loudly throughout the little salon. I occasionally caught him staring at the ceiling with a perplexed look as if to try to understand what the Indian music was saying...too funny! Afterwards, we picked up a few things at the store and decided to hole-up at his house for the rest of the rainy day. We watched the movie Shooter with Mark Wahlberg. Pretty good movie even though the ending was a bit unrealisic, but it's the movies, right? And Mark Wahlberg being pretty easy on the eyes helped a lot, too.
Baby also made me dinner last night. He seared some sirloin steaks that he had marinated and made potatoes au gratin. He's such a great cook. I'm lucky I have a man that likes to cook as much as I do. Since I got off work from Job# 2 tonight, it's my turn to make dinner. I was thinking about this recipe for Pan-Seared Sea Bass with Olives and Tomatoes Baby and I saw on the food network yesterday while flipping through channels. It looked very tasty. Wish me luck...
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good to hear you and Baby are back on track. It sucks that we were never able to hook up and and hang out this weekend. :(
Eyebrow threading? I've heard of this...is it better than waxing? Does it hurt less? Does the hair grow back as fast? I need to know these things, I am in desperate need of a wax but if the threading is better I might try that. Please let me know.
Single Girl
I've never heard of eyebrow threading either. I watched the YouTube video ... very, very interesting. What is the difference between the thread and the wax? Does is hurt less? Do the eyebrows grow back more slowly? Does it look better? Inquiring minds must know!
Yay for you and Baby ... maybe it was just the hormones talking after all? I really hate the hormones. They make me feel like a crazy-psycho-bitch sometimes.
Post a Comment