Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fun game...even if I sweat my arse off!

Yesterday was a blast. The Gators won over Tennessee 59-20. It was awesome!!!

When we arrived into Gainesville yesterday morning, we had to make a quick stop at a Gator shop because the coach made an announcement that he wanted all the fans to wear blue. EEKS! I only brought an orange shirt with cute blue beaded accessories. Damn it! Thank goodness I found a cute shirt at the shop. Baby bought a blue shirt as well since his Gator shirt was white...had to show our support and all!

Once we were done with the impromptu shopping, we headed to one of Baby's friend's tailgate. These people weren't kidding around. As you'll see in the pictures below, they were completely decked out in orange and blue Florida Gator paraphanalia. Reminded me a lot of fun days of going to a few UT (Texas NOT Tennessee) tailgates. A big THANK YOU to AB (for lack of a better nickname at this point) for all his and his family's hospitality!!!

After a few beers, hot dogs, and other munchies, we headed for the stadium. OMG...it was soooooo hot! We sat on the west side of The Swamp, so we were in the shade. However, one of Baby's friends was sitting on the east side students' section which was directly in the sun for almost the entire game. We were absolutely drenched in sweat because of the heat, humidity, and surrounding people's body heat that we could only imagine how miserable the east side of the stadium must have felt. Luckily, there were a few open seats next to us, so we text Baby's friend to join us in the less sweltering section. By the time he showed up after half-time, he was half-dead and his shirt was completely soaked. Poor thing!

After the exciting game, we headed back to the tailgate for more food and to wait out the massive traffic. After a couple hours, we headed back to Brooksville. The drive wasn't too bad coming home, but we were exhausted from the heat and definitely did not smell the greatest. It was a good thing we both smelled gamey so that we barely noticed the other's aroma...haha!

Now we're crossing our fingers to get on a flight home. Baby has to leave for Kingston tomorrow for work, so it would put a major kink in things if we got stuck here an additional night.

Here are some pictures from the weekend. Hope you all had a great weekend as well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like y'all had MUCHO fun! I wish I understood football. You would think after attending 40 games in high school I would at least know a little bit about the game. Sadly, all I knew is that when the player made it to the end of the field and the band started playing the fight song I had to get up and cheer.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand it either, so don't feel bad! All I know is that it's either really hot (with swarms of mosquitoes) during football season, or really freakin' cold. Which is very uncomfortable, either way. And I know what a touchdown is. I think. Hehe. Sounds like you guys had a good time, even with the sweltering heat.

Rice Spice said...

In a way, I felt relatively the same way until I started rooting for my college team...even though UH sucked royally when I was there! In my opinion, college sports tend to make you more into it. It's like high school spirit on steroids...haha! I guess it just carried over since then. Plus, college football is so big in the south that it's hard to get away from it ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey it was so great seeing you guys, and as you said - we don't mess around when it comes to tailgating.

Hope you guys make it back soon!