Most of you know that I live in the great kitschy area of Montrose in our great city of H-town. I love the novelty and artsy-ness of the area as well as many of the old colonial homes nestled in the tiny little neighborhoods. The downside is that there are many a street hustlers that wander aimlessly about both in the shadier neighborhoods and the good neighborhoods. I suppose it all falls down to no zoning laws in Houston. Just like beautiful homes can be built right next to a crackhouse, a prostitute will work the corner of a busy nightlife street as much as they will a residential one a block away. Aaahh such is the life of inner city living...
I had quite the entertaining thing happen to me last night. As I pulled into my street to park my car, I saw a not-so-attractive tranny prostitute working the corner a street away from my place. As I noticed that my normal parking spot was taken by some random car (neighbors must have had company over), I had to drive to the end of the street and pull back around to park on the opposite side of the street across from my humble abode rather than right in front of it. The next thing you know, the tranny starts walking up to my car. I start thinking, "Oh, great...'she' thinks I turned the car around to pick her up." Nice... At the same time, I was on the phone with Doc who thought the unraveling situation was pretty entertaining. The second I put the car in park, the tranny tries to open the passenger car door. I crack the window to inform her that I live here, and am not looking for a score. "She" looked quite embarrassed (do prosts get embarrassed about misunderstandings like that or simply consider it part of the job?), and quickly walked away. She headed down the street and back to the main road. Poor tranny prostitute. I think she's new to the game. She didn't sound like she spoke English well, and is probably new north of the border. Suppose that's why I don't think she realized that even just a couple of blocks away from the gay nightlife scene makes a world of difference and puts you onto a quiet, sleepy, family-oriented neighborhood. If for whatever reason, the life she's living is one she cannot or chooses not to change for something more respectable, I hope she learns the ropes soon. If "she" keeps mistaking heterosexual, little Asian women coming home from their night job as a new "John", she will definitely starve.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awww, poor tranny prostitute. That makes me really sad for him/her. I'm sure he/she will get the hang of if eventually. Maybe it has his/her first night. If he/she comes up to you again then maybe you should recommend he/she watch some very informative documentaries...
1. The Cathouse - on HBO
2. Pimps up, Hoes down
3. Players Ball
And you might even recommend a couple of different movies...
1. Taxi Driver
2. Pretty Woman
3. The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.
These movies should help her in her quest to become a proper "Lady of the Evening."
Single Girl, Single Girl ... how did I know that you would say something EXACTLY like that ... you and your morbid fascination with prostitution (for the record, I will point out that Single Girl isn't interested in being a prostitute herself - she is just curious about what drives someone to actually become one - don't want anyone to get the wrong idea)! Hell, maybe you should make a visit to the tranny yourself and school him/her! Put all those nights of watching documentaries to use!!
That is pretty funny, I must say. Nothing like that happens on the east side ... strange as it was, incidents like that make life just a little more interesting, for sure!
Post a Comment