So my weekend was pretty relaxing. Baby and I tried a new sushi restaurant in the Galleria area called Sage 400 Friday night. FYI- this place was phenomenal! Although Baby and I spent almost as much on our two glasses of wine (yes, we're wine snobs and we're not ashamed to admit it!) as we did the whole sushi dinner, it is still a restaurant worth revisiting. I haven't said that about many restaurants lately seeing as I've been disappointed on my last couple of outings to new places, so this was a welcome change. Afterwards, we went home to watch the basketball playoffs and fell asleep to the Rockets getting their butts kicked.
Saturday, I went for a mani and pedi while Baby did some yard work - thank goodness he didn't ask me to help! Then we went to the Galleria. If any of you know me, then you know I absolutely hate the Galleria. I usually hate shopping in general mainly because clothes are not made for short women who are NOT built like miniature stick-figures. 90 percent of the time, I leave the mall depressed and without one item...except maybe another pair of sexy shoes. I have all these great shoes and no outfits to where with them :(
Anyhoo, Baby asked me if I wanted something from Tiffany's but instead I got him to buy me something that was almost PRICELESS. We entered Express seeing I was on a search for a pair of slacks for work. Express is probably the one place I can buy their Editor slacks in a 4-Short and NOT have to get them altered. I'm sure you're saying, "well, I'm sure they have a big selection." Let me correct that thought. They had about 8 different colors of the Editor pant. In the whole store, they were only able to find two pairs. TWO! Damn them! One was in black, which I can always use another pair of black slacks, and the other in grey. Although it wasn't the color I really wanted, I had to jump on the fact that they had them in my size. In addition, I found a short-sleeve dress jacket that could be worn with slacks or jeans that did not require altering as well. I felt like I hit the motherload! You have to understand that these finds are probably the most items I've found at one store that actually fit...EVER! I might walk out of a store with one item (that still had to be taken to the tailor), but never two...let alone three! Baby opted to buy them for me as my gift seeing as he realized that this gift was definitely more meaningful than shiny jewelry that he could buy me at any time. These were clothes that actually fit and made me happy. Yes, it might seem strange that I preferred work clothes over jewelry, but unless you've seen me leaving a mall devestated and almost in tears, you probably would never understand. Granted, these slacks aren't cheap nor was the jacket since nothing I wanted was on sale (go figure!) so he probably spent more on the clothes than he would've had I picked a little silver necklace or earrings at Tiffany's. Oh, well. He loves me and bought me something that made me oh so happy. That's all that counts, right?
We also invited my family over to Baby's house Sunday for lunch. He cooked Chicken Tetrazinni and I made Red Wine Vinegar Asaparagus and Shallots - YUM! I have to say this... Baby must love me to put up with me, my mom, my sister, her husband, and my 2-year old niece. The day was great, but definitely wore us out. We were in bed before 9pm, and I'm sure I was asleep by 10pm. What a weekend!
Monday, April 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I see that you, too, have entered the time in your life when you realize how much more important the "simple things" (like clothes that fit properly) are than jewelry. Sure, jewelery is nice, but no matter how shiny it is, and how pretty you feel sporting it, it can't hold a candle to the feeling of self-confidence a good fitting pair of pants can give.
We're all getting old, you do realize that, right? ;)
Post a Comment