Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My new love...

Other than the nice trousers and jacket I got from my wonderful Baby, I got a couple of other things for my birthday as well. My mother got me a great beige and tan suit (which I'm guessing work clothes must've been the theme for my mom and Baby). I also got couple of little aroma plug-in doo-hickies and toiletries from Firecracker. Midtowner gave me an AMEX gift card which purchased my newest love - a black pair of Skechers.

Aren't they just too cute? I'll still look fashionable in dark shoes while walking around, say, NYC but still have the comfort of a sneaker...woohoo!

~*~

Dealer got me a gift certificate from the Container Store. I LOVE that place! Organizers are so awesome...but it's damn expensive to be organized!!! Anyway, this gift will be of a more practical nature. Seeing as I have to walk through a locked gate and through a yard to go behind a house to get to my apartment, carrying groceries is such a pain in the arse...or carrying anything for that matter. We all know we NEVER have just one or two bags of groceries. I always end up with about 4 plastic bags (or more) on each wrist trying to lock my car, maneuver through the gate, walk the distance to my place, and unlock my front door because, Lord knows we don't want to have to make a second trip! Well, as tacky as it sounds, I've ALWAYS wanted one of these things to make taking stuff back and forth to my car an easier task. Now I can thank Dealer for it.


Yes, I'm a dork, and I'll look like some crazy bag lady. But you know I'm right! This thing will make my life soooooo much easier!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The shoes are adorable (I totally want some now of those!), and the bag-toter-arounder-thingy isn't dorky, it's freakin' awesome! I will definitely keep that in mind for when we move, in case it's to another apartment ... no way am I hauling groceries more than 10 ft, no sirree, not when there are nifty new-fangled gadgets like that to be had!