Lately, I've hit a blogger writer's block. I know you other bloggers know what I mean. It's those moments when you feel you should really write something profound and continue to hold off until you come up with something. Then, a week or two passed and you realize...hell, I'm really not that profound...teehee.
Well, I guess I will digress to the simple recaps of my life's goings-on. Since my previous post of bitterly trying to understand the once fabulous Britney Spears' wardrobe decisions, not much has happened. This past weekend, I went shopping for a rain-proof/outdoors-y jacket for my trip to Peru. In my separation from the ex-fiancee years ago, much of my camping equipment and activewear of that sort have somehow managed to disappear. I'm guessing I left many of those things in our shared apartment upon my packing up and leaving, but who knows now? So there I was at REI on Saturday trying to find stuff that I needed. After trying on about 20 different jackets in an array of colors, I've decided that the one jacket in that entire place that fit my short yet not stick-like frame only came in pea-soup-Exorcist-vomit-green. Baby's facial expression was less than impressed with my choice, but let's just say that jackets of that nature aren't made for people who are barely 5'0" on a good day that have boobs and hips. Although I think he was just happy to get out of there after an hour and half of watching me give him a fashion show of boring jackets.
So...I guess we're as ready as we'll ever be for our trip to Peru. We've done tons of research, and plan on taking in the breathtaking sights. Tomorrow, we depart at 3:50pm and arrive in Lima, Peru at about 10:30pm. We'll overnight in Lima and leave the next afternoon on a flight to Cuzco. From Cuzco, we have a car picking us up and taking us to Urubamba which is in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Sacred Valley is the area between Cuzco and Machu Picchu filled with a number of little towns each with their own different things to offer. We plan to stay three nights at K'uychi Rumi. From what I gather from Tripadvisor.com (where I get all my insider travel info), this is by far the best place to stay in the Sacred Valley. It's basically six rustic Andean houses on beautiful grounds managed by a couple. The website has some pretty awesome pictures. There is a common house with a place for everyone to congregate and has a dining area...although each house comes equipped with a kitchen, living room, and dining area (I think). Baby and I have a house to ourselves that is big enough to hold 4-6 people, so I'm guessing we'll have room to sling all our crap everywhere.
Over the course of our time in the Sacred Valley, we plan to do a horsback riding tour to the Salt Mines and along the Urubamaba River...we'll see how sore we are after a 4 hour trek...yikes! Also, we plan on spending all day Saturday at Macchu Picchu. I'm so excited!!!
We head back Sunday night arriving back into Houston at around 6am on Monday. Hopefully, that will be enough time to recouperate before we have to be at work on Tuesday.
Wish me and Baby luck that we don't suffer from altitude sickness which could ruin our entire trip. Apparently, we will be about 10, 000 feet above sea level and sometimes take more than the time of our vacation for people to acclimatize. Luckily, we got prescription medication that will assist in that, but I'm still a bit nervous...
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You have to post pictures!!!! You are a very lucky, jet-setting girl. I've never been out of the country, although I've dated every nationality known to man...I actually went out with a guy once from Peru. He was kinda boring, hot, but boring. Hope the natives are more entertaining than he was! :) Anyway, have a great time!!!
You are so lucky ... you take more vacations in a year that I've taken in my entire LIFE!
Yes, pictures ... I must live vicariously through your vacation adventures.
Hope you have a blast ... I'm sure you will! :)
Diana Banana and I have decided that we hate you because you get to go to so many cool places. Will you trade lives with us???
Post a Comment