Not that I'm at all scared of the big 3-0. I actually enjoy the idea of being in my 30's. I still have 13 more days to go, but I have yet to feel like the sky is about to fall or that I'll become depressed because I'm not already married with wee-Rice Spices running around. That part I can handle. I accept that I don't follow the standard Southern mentality that I should marry young, raise children young, and then live my life. Because to be honest...when do you REALLY get to "live life" after you've had kids? When they're adults and married themselves? Jeez! I'll be 50 by the time that happens. Call me selfish, but I prefer to have some fun before I become shackled to the responsibilities of a family.
The reason I got the five fingers across the face today about my age was at about 6:45am this morning as I was almost done with Day 2 with Trainer. The first day, we went through the basics of using most of the machines and some free-weight techniques - stuff I pretty much already knew. Today was my full fitness assessment. I filled out this long drawn out questionnaire about where I want to be physically, what my goals are, yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah. I could've summed it up in one sentence: I want my 21-year-old body back! Seeing as Trainer did not know me back in my six-pack days (the stomach, not the beer), I filled out the stupid forms. I decided that I just wanted to lose a bit of weight and just overall get toned. Not too bad, right? We'll see...good on paper does not always translate as good in reality.
After all the forms and body measurements (MY THIGHS ARE HOW MANY INCHES?!?!), we did a few things to measure my physical capacity. We checked my strength and balance while doing squats, how many push-ups I could do in a minute, how many sit-ups I could do in a minute, and how long it took me to fast-pace a mile on the tread. I don't think I did terrible, but let me tell you something. I recall the days when I could do double the push-ups I did this morning as well as more than double the sit-ups. It was an eye-opener into how much my body has changed. Luckily, Trainer has given me a glimmer of hope that I could be back to what I was or at least pretty damn close. I've set attainable goals, but just need the time to squeeze it into the schedule....grrr!
Overall, I'm happy that Trainer didn't laugh his ass off at me during the assessment or found my inability to do 100 push-ups in the allotted time frustrating. He made me feel that we could reach my goals pretty easily. Although, he could just be blowing smoke up my ass so that I'll keep using him. From here on out, his sessions with me will be $60 an hour...yikes! I better look like Madonna after a month seeing as I plan to use him twice a week for the first month, then ween him off to once a week, then to not at all. I figure this is a much better way to spend my money than going out to eat or binge drinking with friends. Why can't they develop an alcoholic beverage that makes me as thin and sexy as I think I am when I'm drunk?!?! That manufacturer would make BILLIONS!!!
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment