As some of you, if not all, know that Baby and I have been together for over 2 years now sans the couple of months of his brain falling out of his head and rubbish spewing out of his mouth - all of that is water under the bridge now though because I am wonderful and forgiving ;) Even though we've known each other for many years prior to our relationship entanglement in addition to the years together, I have yet to meet his parents. It shocks many people that it has gone this long. To be honest, part of it was that for a long time since my last long-term relationship, I had the whole "I don't do the meeting of the parents" bit down to a tee. The other part was that they lived in a different state, so it is not something that could easily be done should they live in the same city. Also, Baby never brought it up so neither did I....which caters to my first reason of never liking to meet parents.
They arrive tonight to spend some QT with Baby all by his lonesome which I think he really needs to do. I, on the other hand, will be with Doc since he is in town - woohoo! I will officially be introduced to Ma and Pa Baby tomorrow afternoon before heading to the Hobby Center to watch the Tony Award-winning Broadway show Wicked. Baby was lucky enough to find matinee tickets on eBay at the last minute and snatch 4 seats together. What are the odds? I'm muy excited! Afterwards, we will do an early dinner.
So now I have to worry about a first impression. Hmmmm... According to Baby, they are Southern Baptist who don't drink and don't curse. Don't DRINK?!?! Don't CURSE?!?!?! Do they even know who their son is???? The first thing I thought was, "Shit, how the hell am I suppose to pull this one off? I need a glass of wine to think about this." Ha! Seriously though, I'm sure things will be fine.
I'm know many of you who know Baby and my history and some of the adversities we faced regarding our relationship will be extremely curious as how this meeting will turn out. No worries. You'll get an update after the weekend. Cross you fingers that they don't smell the devil on me the second they get a whiff of my pheromones...
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sure everything will be fine, unless they're yankees. They're not yankess are they???
Post a Comment