Apparently, I have sparked some interest in the topic of eyebrow threading. I can't say which would be better for you, but I will let you know my experiences. Personally, I have very sensitive skin. Wax tends to rip layers of my skin off in addition to the hairs, so I end up looking like a red, blood-splotchy cromagnon as my forehead swells like a caveman.With threading, the only downside that I have experienced is that the constant rubbing of the thread over the skin around my eyebrows tend to irritate it enough to create a bit of a bumpy, diaper rash-looking thing. I know, it sounds horrible, but this lasts for only about 2-3 days, but (to me) is totally worth it when it goes away. My brows are better shaped than with wax and I think that the hairs don't grow as fast. I usually end up needing to tweeze a few strays in about 2.5-3 weeks, but not many. As for pain, it makes your eyes water a bit, but nothing extreme. I guess it depends on your pain threshold. The concept is very much like those old Epilady products. The ones that would just basically pluck a bunch of hairs off of you at the same time. It's a smaller version of that. OH, and it only costs $5 to do. Not bad, eh?
I would suggest everyone try it at least once. It's such an experience to try things that other cultures do for beauty that are now being saturated in America. I'm sure every beauty regiment has a downside, so I suppose it depends on which ones you are privy to handling.
****
Also, here is another article about threading, if you're interested.

2 comments:
Ok, now I have to try it. Please email me the location of your place.
thanks,
single girl
Ack, I asked for more details, then forgot to check your blog (or mine, for that matter) for days and days.
The threading does sound like a better alternative to waxing, though as I've had my brows waxed so much, I no longer get any bumps or irritation. I may not try it soon, but I will one day ... if nothing else, it looks really cool! (and none of that wax residue left on my eyelids, which would be grrrreat!).
Post a Comment