Friday, September 28, 2007

Effing Theives!

I'm always the first to neglect the safety in particular places. I suppose that it's because when you are use to living by yourself, coming and going at all hours of the day and night, and too busy to be in one place for an extended amount of time, you become desensitized to inner city living.

As I have noted before, I live in the Montrose area. My block is filled with beautiful historic colonial homes book-ended with shady old apartments. So even though I am in a pretty neighborhood, hooker alley is only a couple of blocks away. We all should recall my run-in with the poor tranny prostitute who lost her way in an older post. Well, Wednesday night, someone broke into my car. Poor bumper car! Just look at her... Minding her own business then violated by having her rear driver-side vent window busted out so that the despicable piece of excrement can rummage through my glove box. And for what? Insurance papers, receipts, kleenex, and pennies they didn't even bother to steal??? Bastards, I tell ya! Effing bastards! It's not like I had anything in plain sight other than a pair of size 5, brown wedge sandals and a couple of empty water bottles on the floor board. Although my wedge sandals are to die for, I'm guessing who broke into my car felt a bit like an ugly step-sister in Cinderella because NO ONE can fit into my midget shoes.

The ironic thing about it is that I am currently in my "please hide all sharp objects because I start next week" phase, but I walked out of my apartment yesterday morning thinking, "Wow, I'm not in the least bit moody today. I may not go psycho this week after all." Then I walk around my car to get into the driver's side, and WHAMO! I'm smacked back into the reality of just how angry I can get. Definitely not the best start to my day... So I'm off to spend moolah on something I wasn't anticipating...again! I couldn't find time to do it yesterday, so I was a bit ghetto driving around with no window. Although...I refused to put a plastic garbage bag and tape over it. A girl has to draw the line somewhere. Thank GAWD it didn't rain!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really sucks!!! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Bastards! We should find them and do really mean things to them, like tie them up and make them listen to Mmm Bop or Eddie Murphy's "Party All the Time." for 48 hours straight.

Rice Spice said...

OMG! My love of Eddie Murphy's "Party All the Time" is a guilty pleasure. How horrible, huh? Almost makes me deserve the window smashing...almost.

Anonymous said...

Poor car. I feel so bad for you; being broken into is such a terrible feeling. Even if they took little, as in the case of my apartment, or nothing, as in the case with your car. It's still a nasty feeling that leaves you feeling vaguely unsettled and paranoid.

Now, moving along to Eddie Murphy ... I didn't hear that song until maybe two years ago, and when I saw the video, I almost cried, for I would never be able to recapture those 3 minutes of my life that I wasted glued to the TV screen in abject horror. However, I must say that the half-naked picture of David Hasslehoff with the sharpai's (spelling?)(Single Girl, you know the one!) blows Eddie Murphy's attempts at music out of the water in my book of things I never want to see/hear again. I think that the thieves would certainly learn their lesson should you tie them up, tape their eyelids open and force them to gaze upon THAT monstrosity for awhile! (While simultaneously listening to Hanson would be even better!)