No, I was not having some lesbionic relations in the front/backyard or anything. I think I really broke my back doing yard work. Ok, broken may be a bit extreme, but I definitely hurt it. As some of you might know, I have had some extreme back problems dating back to high school. Although my back is relatively healed of all major damage, I will forever be susceptible to both minor and major back pains depending on the activity or wear that I put on my body.Boyfriend is planning on putting his townhouse on the market this next month, so he needed to take care of some beautification measures to the outside of the home in order to increase its marketability. Namely basic yard work and some minor landscaping - mowing, edging, weeding, planting some small shrubs, and laying out mulch. We thought we could get this knocked out in about two...maybe three hours tops. We. Were. Wrong. It took us a total of six hours and two trips to Lowe's to complete the project because we ran out of mulch. SIX HOURS! Jeez!!! Granted, the front yard and the side of the townhouse looked phenomenal upon completion, but I think I may very well have done some serious damage to my lower back from being in a bent-over squatting position 85% of that six hours and lugging around heavy bags of mulch.
I popped three Advil right after we were done because it finally hit me when I relaxed long enough to realize, "Wow, I may very well die if I turn to the left or attempt to reach for anything lower than my standing arm's length." Once those kicked in, the back stopped searing with pain and simply remained sore. I was sure to take three more Advil before bed. As I was leaving my apartment this morning, I decided to take a muscle relaxer instead because my back was merely staring Advil in the face and LAUGHING. Needless to say, I've been a bit loopy all morning at work and have finally started feeling more lucid after lunch. Sadly, the pain is starting to rear its ugly head again, but I guess I'll survive until I leave the office. Man, I'm getting old!!!
Wish I had taken pictures of the yard...it looked so purdy and stuff.
Also, I found this funny picture while I was searching for an image to accompany this post. It made me giggle a bit, so I thought I would share. I have no clue what this animal is, but this is a good depiction of how I felt all morning on the muscle relaxer. *tee hee*

No comments:
Post a Comment