Friday, October 12, 2007

Random Ramblings

No specific title for this post simply because I will be ALL over the place in subject matter.

  • I've been moody...again...thanks to "Aunt Flo" (who came up with that code name anyway???). I think Boyfriend starts to sense the mood swings coming, checks his calendar, then hides at the far end of his walk-in closet hugging his knees while rocking back and forth in hopes I will not find him. Luckily, my psychotic episodes are subsiding and therefore I will not direct any frustrations on him but simply to strangers unsuspecting of the ass-chewing they are randomly about to receive. Waiters, grocery store workers, telemarketers... BEWARE!

  • I've learned that I, too, suffer from road rage. Wednesday after work, I was driving out of the downtown area onto I-10 West towards Boyfriend's house. Seeing as I was in a lane that merged towards the left, I did just as I was suppose to and began my slow merge into the combining lanes. I'm guessing the woman behind me was unaware of the basic rules of merging, was in a hurry, or just plainly being a biotch because when I glanced in my side mirror she was shooting me the finger. The FINGER, people! Who even does that anymore? Even if I did do something wrong like cut her off...which I did NOT... don't people simply resort to yelling obscenities in the confines of their cars nowadays?!?! I guess it's just me then. Apparently, I did not take to that lightly. So I was a bit childish....ok, a lot childish. When I noticed that she was trying to get over to possibly exit, I obliviously (because heaven forbid I actually do this purposely - insert maniacal laugh here) would speed up and slow down in unison with her not allowing her to switch lanes. I was completely into proverbially shoving my foot up her arse that I even passed Boyfriend's exit just to get an extra one-two punch in by making her miss even more exits than she wanted. Aaaahhhh.... it was amazing how refreshing that was! And, yes, I know...therapy could help me, but why spoil all the fun? And again...it's better I take it out on stangers rather than my loving Boyfriend. Trust me, he'd agree.

  • Yesterday I spent a very painstaking hour in Arne's to buy party favors for my niece's 3rd birthday party tomorrow. Goodies for sixteen boys and six girls all ranging in age of 3-7 years old. Looks like my niece takes after me with not being able to handle girly drama and not having nearly as many girlfriends as she does guyfriends. Interesting...must be a DNA thing. Since it is a princess-themed party, I chose tiaras, bubbles, princess lipgloss, and princess pocket mirrors. Boyfriend picked out bubbles, soft sports balls (baseballs, footballs, tennis balls, and soccer), and toy airplanes for the boys...and a big inflatable punching balloon for himself. Yes, himself. And of course, loads of candy to crack these kids out on sugar and send them home with their parents.

  • I bought my outrageously priced ticket to Tampa today. I shall be spending Thanksgiving with Boyfriend's family. You realize just how spoiled you are from working for an airline for so many years when you have to pay for a ticket during a major holiday season when flying stand-by isn't an option. He will fly out a couple of days before I do to get some extra time in while I arrive Thanksgiving day. I'm sure you're wondering why I'm not spending Turkey Day with the Spice family. We don't necessarily celebrate Thanksgiving basically because The Mayflower never made it all the way to the Philippines. Granted, the Spice family usually does try to get together for dinner simply because we're all off from work at the same time, but it's not detrimental that I not be there. Should be fun visiting with Boyfriend's family again... not to mention that we'll get to go to the Florida/Florida State game, too.

  • Tonight I plan to check out my friend's new restaurant in Midtown called LeMond's. I will let you know how it is. I'm all about helping my friends promote their business ventures.

I suppose that's it. I will report to you later about how I handled twenty-two rugrats running around...if I survive. Gotta give Boyfriend props because he's walking into the lion's den with me tomorrow and meeting the "extended" Rice Family - cousins, aunts, and uncles galore.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's AWESOME that you actually drove past your exit just to piss that bitch off further. I don't ever flip anyone off, but I do tend to use the words whore and bastard an awful lot!

Hope the birthday party went well. I try to avoid those like the plague!!!