Monday, October 08, 2007

Weekend Review

Boyfriend and I did some apartment hunting this weekend. With his home officially being put on the market last Friday, we figured we needed to start getting ideas of places we'd considering living. The idea of buying a house is on hold for the simple fact that (1) Baby has no clue if relocation is in the cards for him, (2) which area he'd want to live, and (3) why not save a little money for a year? We decided that since my lease ends at the end of January, we shall get a place together - I know...that's like commitment and stuff...haha! More than likely it will take that long to sell the house...unless he is really lucky, so we're going to estimate a December/January move-in - basically the worse time of year to move. It always seems like that's when everyone's leases end, so apartments tend to jack up their prices around that time. Oh, well...such as life.

We are looking more in the 59-S/610-Loop area. Since Boyfriend works in Sugarland and I work downtown, we figure that this area is our best bet. Although mileage-wise I will be closer to work, driving into downtown in rush hour will be the equivelent time-wise of him driving to Sugarland since he is driving in the opposite flow of traffic out of town. There are a cluster of apartments in that area, so there were a few we checked out. There is a townhome coming available at one of them that is 941 square feet and three stories. The bottom level is a one- or two-car garage (depending on which one we decide to get), the living room is relatively spacious for an apartment, I can live with the kitchen, the bedroom is decent, and the bathroom and closets will work for two people. I really like the idea of a garage though. If we get the one-car garage, Boyfriend can park his car inside while I park mine out. I could care less about parking the bumper car in the communal garage or in the uncovered areas since my car in not nearly as nice as Boyfriend's - especially since he just ordered the new 2008 BMW 3-series Coupe (I think that's the one...I never know which is which...so non-car savy). Hopefully, we will figure things out about the living situation before the house sells.

As for the rest of the weekend, college football was bad for all my choice teams. Houston lost to 'Bama (no heckling, Sparky!), Texas lost to Oklahoma, and Florida lost to LSU. Damn...I'm glad I didn't put money on anything or I would be even more broke than I am now!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would think that moving in Dec/Jan would be better, temperature-wise at least, to moving in June, which is when our lease is up. I do NOT look forward to all the sweat!