Monday, February 11, 2008

And this post makes 3 for the day...

I can't believe I'm actually getting a third post in for the day. I'm finally home and looking over some of the final details of my Costa Rica trip. I'm so anal when it comes to planning trips to international destinations. I always make sure the places we stay confirm all our reservations via email so that I have a paper trail. My neurotic personality of printing all these email exchanges and taking them with me has had two hotels eat their words. Once when I was in the Bahamas, I had a hotel tell me that they did not have any record of my reservation. Another time, I had a hotel in Paris tell me the same thing as well. I plopped out my copies of emails exchanged with one of their employees (or the employee themself who is telling me that my reservations don't exist) specifically replying with the words or some variation of , "Yes, we have reservations for you confirmed on (whatever dates)." Definitely works for making hotel employees look like morons. It's even gotten me upgraded to a bigger suite.

Our trip to Costa Rica is scheduled for 1 night in San Jose and 4 nights in La Fortuna which is in the Arenal Volcano area. I've pretty much determined all of the activities we want to do and also to squeeze in time to relax. Seeing as Boyfriend and I have spent a lot of time apart lately with his business travels, it will be nice to spend a few days away together. Especially since it might be my turn to do some traveling once we get back from our vacation. Our travel/work schedules are really getting crazy lately!

No comments: