Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hump Day

It's ugly and rainy outside. Blech! So not looking forward to the drive home. When it rains, it's like downtown drivers forget that the pedal to the far right is the gas and they just set their foot on the break and take a nap. It takes me three times as long just to get on the highway. The upside is that Boyfriend's business travels were cut short, so he came home today rather than on Friday. That will be nice to see him when I get home. Maybe if I wish REAL hard, I'll come home to a candlelit, romantic dinner with roses all over the house. Pffft... A girl can always dream, right?

I'm so disappointed that the weather will affect our ability to see the lunar eclipse tonight. They says the best time to see it will be 8:01 pm CST, but with the cloud cover and rain, I'm guessing I'll just have to use my imagination. Maybe I can make a big production of it and cut out a big white circle and a big reddish-orange circle out of construction paper and reenact it myself. Hmmmm.... See this is where my 3-year-old niece would come in handy. She would think it was cool and I wouldn't seem like a freak doing it. I think Boyfriend would just stare at me and run through a number of line items in his head of why he continues to date such a weirdo.

2 comments:

sublimenigma said...

For the boyfriend: Line item 32 is 'Because weirdos are fun!'

I just now saw that you linked me over there. Thanks for that, you rock!

Anonymous said...

So that month long blog fest was your finale?