Monday, March 10, 2008

I suck!

Basically, I flaked on finishing the last two days of my month-long blogfest. I also hadn't blogged in weeks on top of that! Yes, I got the emails...so I'm on here to give an update. Right about the last time I blogged, my world went into high gear shortly thereafter.

Work (both of them) have been extremely busy. On the days that I get off from Job# 2 in the evening, I'm usually working at Job #1 until about 8pm. Twelve hour days at Job #1 es no muy bueno. In the midst of all that work already on my plate, I had to work even more to get ahead since my vacation to Costa Rica would have me missing 3 days. What a mess! I finally got to leave for Costa Rica knowing I would be coming back to a disaster since work was so hectic before I left, but I pushed it all out of my mind and had fantastic time. It was a good mix of action-filled adventure tours and relaxation. It helped a ton that my blackberry wasn't picking up service there and I wasn't getting emails from work. But of course that meant I came back to my blackberry loading over 100 emails when I touched ground in Houston...and some of them all requiring time-sensitive attention. So I came back to work Thursday of last week and have been nonstop ever since. I even had to come into work over the weekend for Job #1 in addition to my scheduled shift at Job #2 on Sunday evening. Ugh!

Things don't look like they are going to get any easier this week either. Job #1 has our Annual Meeting in Houston this week. That means that starting tomorrow, there are events planned through Thursday night. Luckily, I got off from Job# 2 all week so that I can deal with all these dinners, meetings, etc. But, I'm in for a rough week.

On a lighter note, I will try to post later later this week with a full update on Costa Rica once I'm through with this hellish week from work. Please standby.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So glad to see you're back!!! After looking at the pictures via myspace, it looks like y'all had an awesome time. Keep posting the pictures, I'm living vicariously through your travels.