Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A couple of things...

First off, I need everyone to send their good thoughts and prayers (if you partake in that kind of religiousness) to my good friend Pocahontas. His younger brother was recently hospitalized but released due to complications with his diabetes. His brother is not out of the woods and is still very sick. So whatever positive mojo you can muster and send to the Denver area, please do.

In other bad news, one of the weddings I am suppose to attend was just recently cancelled. Good on my pocketbook and a break in my travel plans for May, but...extremely sad for my friend. Although she and I were not super close, I've shared quite a few drinks with her amongst several happy hours with mutual friends over the years and have had some good conversations. Come to find out that her fiancee has confessed to cheating on her. What a punch in the gut! And to top it off, it appears the main reason he had to come clean is because "The Other Woman" is now carrying the spawn of their transgression(s). Can you believe he had the audacity to ask her if they could postpone their May wedding until everything gets figured out?!?! What a thoughtful guy! She's better off without him anyway...better he showed his true colors now than after she did the whole shashay down the aisle in ignorant bliss. I'm sure that's not what she wants to hear right now and no one needs to say it out loud, but I know in her heart she knows it's true. What can I say? People suck sometimes.

I hate this post is such a Debbie Downer, but negative energy seems to be the theme of the week.

Tomorrow I get to go shopping for a wedding shower. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am currently sending good thoughts in the general direction of Denver, CO, to both Pocahontas and his brother.

I can't believe the nerve of that guy...did he really expect her to be like, "Oh yeah, let's postpone the ceremony where we pledge our love and fidelity so you can figure out what you're going to do about your pregnant mistress." What a douche bag.