Remember when I said that my camera decided to go swimming with me in the river while I was in Costa Rica? Surely being completely submerged led to my digital camera's untimely demise. But Boyfriend had a theory. Seeing as when our blackberrys get wet, usually the battery shorts out and just needs to be replaced - not the entire blackberry device. He figured that maybe my digital camera could be experiencing the same thing. So over the weekend, we took it to Best Buy and had them test it with a battery. Voila! It worked. Unfortunately, I had taken the memory card out of it, so I didn't get a chance to take a few pictures to see if it could actually still work. But seeing the little thing turn on was enough for me to get my hopes up. Instead of spending $50 on a new battery at the store, I bought the battery online for just $5.95 - I love you, Amazon.com! Figured for that price and the likelihood of me shorting another battery, I might as well get two.
The batteries arrived at my office today, so I decided to test out the goods. It appears that all the functions work - pictures, video, reviewing pics and videos, the auto and manual flash, and even the timer. Woot! I'm sure there is a function that I will need at some point that I can't think of right now that will not work when I want to use it, but overall I'm as happy as a lark (
are larks really happy?).
Yay!!! I don't have to buy yet ANOTHER digital camera that I destroyed.
Here's one of my test shots. I think it totally captures how I feel about my day...

Happy Hump Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment