I survived another busy weekend. Phew!Friday night was actually a very fun night with just Boyfriend and myself. Boyfriend's flight arrived a bit later than anticipated and his bags took forever to show up on the carousel, but he was home a little bit before 10pm. We hadn't seen each other all week because he was "working" in San Juan, Puerto Rico - I think that's code for "lying on the beach" although he swears it isn't so. We decided we wanted to grab a margarita so off to Cyclone Anaya on Durham we went. Just one margarita, right? Riiiiiight. Have you seen these monstrous margaritas before? Not only are they virtually lethal, they are also the size of my head. It's such a brilliant idea the Cyclone Anaya owners have. Let's serve small margaritas that are too small or large margaritas that can be mistaken for those little toddler pools they sell in front of Walmart in the summer months. People figure that they'll get the big one to save money versus buying two smaller ones. But by the time you finish the first one, your judgement is impaired just enough to convince yourself you need one more big one for the road. So two mammoth margaritas a piece later and having shut the restaurant's bar down at 11pm, we headed to Dark Horse. Nothing good ever comes out of Dark Horse. After it was all said and done, we ended up closing that bar down at 2am and going home to stuff our faces with anything we could find in the pantry and the fridge simply to satisfy our drunken munchies. That ENTIRE bag of Ruffles I inhaled was like food of the Gods at 3am...
The next day, I was up and active by 9am. Thank the powers that be that I rarely get hangovers and insomnia and I are like THIS *fingers crossed*. As Boyfriend lied in bed wishing that his brain would stop pulsating inside his skull and believed that his body was conspiring to kill itself with every pain known to man, I worked for a couple of hours, went grocery shopping, and stopped by 3 different party supply stores just to find some decent wrapping paper for a wedding shower we were to attend later that evening...Jeez! I can't believe how productive I was while Boyfriend was still dead to the world.
Later that evening, we went to 5:30pm mass at the Sacred Heart Co-Cathedral in downtown to watch my nephew be baptized. Awwwww! He is now officially Catholic. Bingo and booze for everyone!!! Can't wait until he fully comprehends that he can now sin all he wants, go to confession, and then be absolved of all his wrongdoings. Woot! The event was followed by family and friends getting together for some yummy Filipino food.
Immediately after that, we headed over to Ash and Dude's wedding shower. Boyfriend felt like he was dying, but he was being a trooper and attended both events. Granted, I was the one driving and heartlessly refused to take him home - details, details... Their little party was very nice. They made off like bandits with their gifts. We got them this. Pretty awesome, huh? Should be a nice addition to their pool. After the party, Boyfriend and I went home and almost immediately fell asleep. What a long Saturday!!!
Sunday, consisted of more grocery shopping and watching the NCAA basketball games. I'm not as into it this year only because my bracket is complete crap. I'm like #13 out of 51 people in my pool. Drats! I was hoping for at least 3rd place entitling me to 10% of the $1020 pot. Grrrr! My coworker is currently in 1st giving her a chance at 60% of the pot. Good for her, but damn for me. Later Sunday evening, I went to Job#2 until about 10:30pm. So nothing too exciting.
I'm trying to be a bit more healthy again and get back to my workout routine. Seeing as I have been gym-less for about 4.5 months, I totally see the consequences of sitting on my butt and doing nothing but eating. I guess willing my love handles to go away just isn't a effective as I had hoped. I recently joined a new gym and started going again. I got up this morning at 5:15am to run two miles on the treadmill, do 100 crunches on the big inflated ball, and do a couple of exercies with some handweights. Yep, call me crazy for torturing myself to a sweat and getting home all before Boyfriend even opened his eyes to start the day!

2 comments:
I am very much like Boyfriend, if I drink my face off on a Friday night, doint anything Saturday is a no-go. I just want to sleep while I'm hooked up to a Gatorade IV drip.
It sounds like y'all had a great weekend...good luck with the healthy, gym thing.
Wow...that's exactly what Boyfriend is like when he's hung over. Actually, I'll email you what he looked like when I came back from running errands. Classic. I'd post it, but he has already forewarned me not to. Damnit!
Post a Comment