Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Step Closer to Her Own "True Hollywood Story" Segment

You all know that I usually don't use real names to protect the privacy of the people I talk about (which you all now I LOVE talking trash about you) and even more so to protect my own privacy. I started this blog mainly for my close friends who live out of town to keep up with my shenanigans without having to call me or email me regularly for an update. So far, I have friends in New York, Georgia, Denver, California, Japan, and all over Texas who occassionally find their way to my blog to get their dose of Rice Spice. But today, I will go against the grain and for good reason.

My friend Robin Kilgore has written a book. Yes, I know a real published author! Although we aren't close, we found ourselves in the same places a number of times when she still lived in Houston - namely bars, but that's besides the point. Strangely, we have mutual friends in totally different circles - professional, casual, straight, gay... Regardless, you all need to buy her book because this witty woman always has something outrageous and off-the-cuff to share in person, so I can only imagine that her book will be even more entertaining. I'm ordering mine today! So I want everyone to go to the website below and support Robin in her road to literary success, and as the title of this posts suggests, we'd be helping her get one step closer to her own True Hollywood Story episode. Buy yours today!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it's good... I just ordered it! If it's as fun to read as your blogs I'm sure I'll love it!

Rice Spice said...

Anonymous: Thank you so much for supporting her...Robin thanks you, too! She inspires me to one day take a stab at writing my own novel Although, I think my parents and Boyfriend would literally have a heart attack if I discussed my life for everyone to see. Oh, wait...I guess I already do to some extent ;)

Anonymous said...

I received my book today. I have only read the first page but I can tell that I'm not going to be able to put it down. And with said... back to reading!