Sunday, February 03, 2008

My middle name is PRODUCTIVE

Yesterday was a good day. I got out of being a tour guide to Boyfriend's friends...woot! In exchange, I got to spend a majority of my day with Mama Spice. I picked her up for a day of pampering and being away from her 24/7 job as a nanny to my 3-year-old niece and my 7-month-old nephew. We got manicures and pedicures followed by lunch at Niko Niko's. I love me some Niko Niko's!!! We each had a small greek salad and shared their lamb kabob plate. YUM! My mother had never had Greek food before and after 60 years of living without trying such delectible food, my mother is now a fan. I'm so glad I was able to give my mother a day of relaxation!

In the evening, we met up with my brother at his fiancee's parents' house for a family get-together. It was a gathering to do a group rosary prayer. I know it sounds strange, but it's this big thing people do when they are very religious. Let me tell ya...Rice has not prayed the rosary in AGES! When I called Boyfriend after the prayer he went into shock wondering what the heck happened. He leaves me for a weekend and I'm praying the rosary on a Saturday night. Hehehe... Come to think of it, it does seem kind of funny. When I told him I had just finished praying, I think he thought I was speaking code for something more sketchy and lurid...ha!

This morning, I woke up and immediately started being productive. Today was focused on organizing and cleaning the master closet and master bathroom. I FINALLY unpacked that box sitting in the middle of the walk-in closet that I had to hurdle every morning to get to my clothes. I finally moved all of Boyfriend's clothes to right side of the closet and mine to the left - it's been all mixed up since I moved in. I spent about $100 on organizing materials just to get our closet and bathroom manageable - why does being organized have to cost so friggin' much? I bought one of those nifty shoe organizers that hang and hold ten pairs of shoes. There was no way that both his and my shoes were going to fit at the bottom of the closet without tripping all over them. In addition to the shoe organizer, I bought a junk drawer organizer for the vanity drawer in the bathroom and about 4 organizing baskets for my side of the bathroom cabinets. Boyfriend has 5 shelves while I only have 2 on my side for my personal bathroom items. 2 to his 5?!?! WTH?!?! At least the baskets help to keep everything organized rather than just thrown in. I'm cheesy, so I took pictures, but unfortunately, I am having trouble downloading them. Maybe I'll post them tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not know you were good at organizing things...I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!

That's nice that you got to spend the day with your mom! I love days like that.