Monday, February 18, 2008

Sadness

Single Girl informed me last night that there is actually a wake today for a guy I went to high school with. I haven't seen him in about 15 years, and we did kind of have a bit of a falling out about that time. I am sad that he has passed at such a young age, but I'm a rather uncomfortable attending the wake. In addition to how mine and this guy's relationship as friends came to be, there will also be a number of people that I know will be at his viewing that I haven't seen in ages. Sadly, some I can say I prefer not to associate myself with again. Yes, many of them may have changed in over a decade, but sometimes it's best to leave memories distant and not revisit them...especially when they were not very good memories. I'm sure that makes me come across as a bitch that I won't be attending, but I suppose I've been called worse. In my own personal way, I will honor the life of my childhood friend. I shall say a prayer for him and will stop at my church to light a candle for him. I wish him all the peace on his next journey in the after-life.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I don't think it makes you sound like a bitch at all. We all deal with things like this in our own way. I am learning that it is not possible to go back. People and things change, but what is even worse is that some people never change and grow up. You and I have discussed it before, there are some people that have moved on and some that are still living in the early 90's. I feel that I have gone on, but part of me is still stuck back there holding on to happy memories. I'm working on freeing myself from that.

Sorry, this was a rather long comment.