Boyfriend and I had seven of our friends over for dinner Saturday night. We love cooking for a whole group! We marinated chicken breasts in a balsamic vinegar marinade and served it topped with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, and a lemon butter sauce. The chicken was served with a side of Boyfriend's delicious sour cream mashed potatoes and my roasted red wine vinegar asparagus and shallots. Basically, if you were on a diet, then you'd be out of luck at this dinner with all it's rich, hearty buttery goodness. We even served homemade cinnamon crumb coffee cake for dessert. So tasty!!! It was nice being indoors with friends have great food and wine while it was horribly stormy outside.
I usually have the dishwasher empty and ready for me to load throughout the party. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to run the load already in it. So the dishwasher was running throughout the party while the dishes continued to pile up. Oh, well. I just left everything to deal with in the morning which is what I hate doing. Because this is the monstrosity I awoke to:

Luckily, it only took me about 30 minutes to load everything into the dishwasher, hand-wash all of the serving platters and bowls, and wipe the entire kitchen down. The rest of Sunday was spent being absolutely lazy. Boyfriend had to work a little bit to prepare with his upcoming meetings. He has just left again this morning for a few days in Jamiaca for business followed by more meetings in Puerto Rico. He should be home on Friday *crossing fingers*.
I was also suppose to be on a plane this morning, but decided not to as I'm just not up for it. I was going to squeeze in some time to see Doc, but I'm thinking that has to wait. I'm just too worn out. On my day off, I plan to do a lot of catching up on things. Seeing I that I actually have this whole day to take care of errands, I really should.
No comments:
Post a Comment