I hate to bore you with more talk of being ill, but it seems to have consumed my life the past couple of days. I'm about 70% better and still working on it. I left work early yesterday at around 1:30pm, and was on the couch asleep by 2:30pm. I think I slept until almost 6pm at which I was too lazy to cook or prepare dinner, so I did the unspeakable...I ordered a pizza. I only had about 2 slices of my thin-crust pizza before I decided it was time to shut it down for the evening. Good old Nyquil kept me asleep all through the night - YAY for cold medicine with sleep aids!!!! I woke up feeling better than I had in the past 3 or 4 days, but I started to decline again around 10am this morning at work. Grrrrr!
I plan to go home right after work and repeat my lazy couch ritual followed by doping myself up on Nyquil again. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. It's going to be Friday for goodness sake! I can't be bed-ridden on a Friday!!!!
Other than sick news, Boyfriend has informed me that his business in Jamaica will be keeping him there through February 18th. We emailed back and forth about me possibly meeting him in Montego Bay during any of the next 3 weekends, but the flights don't look good. Also, I would have to take vacation time of which I would rather save for Costa Rica and any other planned trips rather than just to meet him while he's on business. I already did that with San Juan of which was virtually a relaxing getaway by myself since he worked the whole time. I think I'd actually enjoy his company on my next vacation...what do you think? So I've decided to hold off and not meet him in Jamaica. I think he's more concerned that I might be upset that he is a) gone so long and b) missing Valentine's Day.
Honestly, I do hate the idea that he will be gone almost 3 whole weeks, but it's for work. I know better than to mess with one's livelihood. I think he's very lucky that I'm not one of those whiney girlfriends that demand he comes home. It's best he puts his grunt work in now before we're married and have kids because I sure as hell don't want him gone for 3 weeks at a time while I'm raising little ones. I'll pull out all of my hair...and may daresay eat my young if he's not there to help talk me off the ledge.
As for the Valentine's Day concern, ehhh...that specific date is overrated anyway. Granted, I do love that it is a date that puts Boyfriend on edge to scramble at the last minute to find me something purdy. Boyfriend is one of those "on the day of...picking through the last of the wilting roses at 6:30pm on his way home from work" kind of guys, but he's also thrown me curve balls by showing up with little blue Tiffany boxes to accompany those sad, half-dead roses. I don't mind celebrating V-day until he gets back. I ordered his gift yesterday. I think it should arrive some time next week. Just in case he looks at this blog...which I doubt, I will not say exactly what it is, but it is something he will put to good use. I definitely did not spend the money I did last year, but mainly because we have an upcoming trip to Costa Rica that we should be saving our pennies for.
So if any of you are bored over the next couple of weekends and want to grab a beer...or three ;) give me a shout. I shall be Boyfriend-less and without supervision...(*insert evil laugh here*)
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment