Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Long weekend update

Boyfriend and I did nothing of extreme excitement this weekend. We stayed in Friday night which was very nice. We rented the movie 1408 - very freaky! I so love John Cusack, but the rumors are right...he is starting to look a bit like Kevin Spacey...not good. I think we were in bed before 10:30pm - party animals, I say! Although... I had a few friends out at a house party that wouldn't stop calling me to meet up. I think the last call logged in at somewhere after 2am. Poor Boyfriend kept thinking one of our friends were either lying in a ditch using their dying breath to call me, using their one phone call from the clink to ask for bail money, or that if we got one more phone call we would have to get dressed and see why this party was so friggin' awesome. I decided to just click the phone off and sleep through the night after the last call...hopefully I didn't miss any dying breath phone calls or anyone needing me to bail them out of county lock-up.

Saturday, we decided to go to the gym for a quick workout and then meet up with my family to have a quick lunch. I still had belated Christmas gifts from Doc to give to my niece and nephew as well as Mama Spice. Here is a video of my nephew enjoying the wrapping paper more than the Lenox China ornament of Mickey Mouse that Doc got him.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

Here is a picture of my sassy niece in her rockin' pink sunglasses pushing around her doll in a stroller. I kept telling her to look at me and smile, but she was perfecting her "I'm famous...don't talk to me" brush-off as if I was some two-bit paparazzi.


On Sunday, Boyfriend and I watched some football and then I worked in the evening...boooo! Very uneventful.

In observance of Dr. MLK, I was off yesterday. Boyfriend was not. I did, however, get a chance to meet up with J and Falkor - two guys I went to high school with and hadn't seen since graduation. That makes almost 13 years...jeez...time flies! For now I will call the one guy "J" as I am still not sure what a good nickname would be and the other is Falkor because J says he is magical like the luck dragon on The Neverending Story - J's too funny.

We met up for a vietnamese lunch and then headed over to the movies to watch Cloverfield. If you are planning to see this movie, save your $$$$. It wasn't horrendous, but it wasn't great. I'm seeing it was a major hit at the box office this weekend, but it was still a disappointment. It was Blair Witch Project meets Godzilla meets SUCK ASS MOVIE! If you really want to watch it, wait for it to be on dvd...or better yet when they show it on cable on the TNT or TBS or USA networks.

That was it. I wish I had done something much more interesting, but that's all this chica's got.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out which two guys you went to lunch with...I'm sure I know who they are since I'm only a year older. Relaxing weekends are good. I'm hoping to have one this weekend. Hope the rest of your week is as fabulous as you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to add...your niece and nephew are rather adorable!