
I was just pushed to the level of irate! I was reading one of my favorite blogs Dlisted, when he posted about that jackass Fred Phelps and his band of idiots announcing their plans to picket Heath Ledger's funeral because he depicted a gay cowboy in the 2005 movie Brokeback Mountain.
For those of you unfamiliar with Fred Phelps and The Westboro Baptist Church out of Topeka, KS, they are the relentless, homophobic, hateful people who believe the Iraqi war was punishment by God for our tolerance of homosexuality. And because of that, they picket fallen soldiers' funerals in their disdain of sexual freedom. Mind you, these fallen soldiers' families have to deal with this circus sideshow which is merely nothing more than a ploy for media attention during their time of grief and when their fallen family member is more than likely not even gay. WTF?!?! I can't even begin to scratch the surface on how angry this makes me. It enfuriates me that this group even protests homosexuality and even more so that it blindly attacks anyone just because they can. *Grrrrr....trying my damnedest to keep my cool and not scream right now!!!*
Luckily, there is a motorcycle group called the Patriot Guard Riders who have been appearing at these funerals to pay respects to the fallen servicemen/women and to protect the families from the protesters. I absolutely admire these people for caring enough to stand between these repulsive morons who show up with their hurtful signs that have nothing to do with respecting the loss of life. If I had a motorcycle, I would so volunteer to be a PGR at local funerals! However, seeing as PGR is for people in the service, I wonder if they will still assist in Heath Ledger's funeral or if there will be something similar. If anything, I'm sure the local police will be on-hand seeing as Phelps has already issued his statement that they plan to be at the funeral. So frustrating!
I know it is evil to wish bad things on someone, but I'm definitely not sending warm and fuzzy thoughts Fred Phelps' way!!!

2 comments:
Sick the ninja midgets on them...no one ever expects ninja midgets...or is that the spanish inquisition?
sublimenigma: Nothing is more scary than midgets *shudder*...not to mention midgets trained in killer martial arts! Phelps better watch himself!
Post a Comment