I actually got a lot of chill time in. I arrived on Tuesday early evening in time to grab dinner with Boyfriend, have an evening cocktail, and go to bed. The next day, Boyfriend headed to work around 8:30am and I roamed around the area. I walked around Isla Verde (the area we stayed) and further got my bearings of our hotel, the InterContinental San Juan Resort, Spa & Casino. After that, I headed for this awesome beach to relax and read my new book I picked up at the Newark airport on my way to San Juan.

Isn't it so gorgeous and peaceful???
The low temperatures were in the mid-70's and the highs in the low- to mid-80's...sure beats this chilly weather we've been having in H-town.

I decided to be all kinds of unhealthy and snacked on a fried calamari appetizer. These were my lunchtime essenstials: calamari, water, blackberry, and my new book "The Testament" by Eric Van Lustbader. If you are looking for a new book to read, I highly recommend this one. It was written by the guy who wrote "The Bourne Legacy" which is a follow-up to the three novels written by Robert Ludlum that were made into movies about Jason Bourne - The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, and The Bourne Ultimatum. For some reason, this book didn't get the greatest reviews with the Amazon crowd, but I really liked it...

There weren't very many people on the beach right after lunch... I love it when the beaches aren't overcrowded! I just had my toes painted at the hotel salon before lunch, so I thought I would capture them in this lovely beach setting. Note to self: NEVER spend that much money on a pedicure again!!!!

The first night I was there, we ate at a restaurant down the street from our hotel in Isla Verde called Metropol. Fyi-- do NOT eat here. The food was, in Boyfriend's exact words, "God awful." So Wednesday night, we ate in Old San Juan about twenty minutes away at a place called Aguaviva (meaning Jellyfish). Here is a picture of me and my burnt self... I never get a sunburn, but for the first time I got one because I didn't put sunblock on my chest. Weird that I never get sunburned on the mainland U.S. or Hawaii, but here I am in Puerto Rico with one...strange.

Here is Boyfriend drinking Aguaviva's renowned watermelon sangria...which, by the way, was spectacular!

I ordered a grilled salmon with a bacon risotto while Boyfriend ordered a fried whole red snapper with a lobster stuffing. I had to take a picture of it staring at me...haha! Both dishes were excellent. More than made up for the "God awful" dinner the night before.
On Thursday morning, Boyfriend headed to the office with the hopes to get out of there before lunch. Sadly, he got caught up in the office yet again as I mentioned earlier how he only squeezed in a few minutes before our check-out time to head to the airport.
It was extremely hard getting back to Houston's cold, dreary weather but I had to. Boyfriend even tried to think of ways to prolong the business negotiations so that we could stay through the weekend, but to no success. I was greeted this morning at my office with a nice pile of work that I need to complete. Luckily, I'm off on Monday for MLK...woot! All this time off right after the holidays is probably not a good thing as it is making it even that much harder to fully get into the swing of things.
This weekend, I have nothing planned except for watching some football and relaxing. What is everyone else up to????

1 comment:
You are such the jet-setter! I can't help but be a little jealous. It's good to see that all is well!
Post a Comment