It's right after midnight as I'm headed to the east coast. Yes, you guessed it...Miss Spice is on a plane again. So here's the deal. Boyfriend is in San Juan, Puerto Rico until Thursday on business. The idea of him being at a tropical location staying at a hotel on the beach was just not going to do without a side of Rice hitching along, dontcha think? So I decided to take a couple days off to meet him out there. Granted, he will be stuck working the whole time, but I don't mind curling up with good book on the beach all by my lonesome.
The downside of this venture to the Caribbean is that I have to take a slight detour. Seeing as I am flying standby because Job #2 is at an airline, I'm at the mercy of how full the flights are. The nonstop flights from Houston to San Juan are overbooked both Monday and Tuesday, but the flights from Newark (yes, NEW JERSEY) to San Juan are wide open on Tuesday all day...which brings us to me being on a plane to the east coast.
I'm actually heading for NYC to spend the night with Doc. Doc and I plan to have breakfast at Pastis with his new boyfriend German in the morning. German is...well...German. Accent and all. I know, I know...original. After breakfast, I will catch the noon flight that gets me into San Juan the same time the Houston flight would have had it not been so friggin' overbooked. So overall, I'm merely taking a 3.5 hour detour that allows me some time with Doc. In essence, the downside actually has a quite a bit of upside.
Well, we are starting our descent so the flight attendant is about to come around and tell me to shut my blackberry off. I will try to post while I am in PR, BUT no promises!!!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment