Wednesday, January 02, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



No, I have not died nor have I contracted a phobia of blogging. I see that it has almost been a full month that I have not blogged...EEKS! Sorry about that. The month of December has been a whirlwind for me. In short, here are a few of the things that happened:

  • I moved - yea, it sucked!
  • Went to NYC for Job #1's holiday party. The company flew everyone and their dates to the Big Apple for two nights. It was a beautiful event and fun visiting and shopping with Doc...but EXTREMELY cold!
  • Went to Florida with Boyfriend to visit his family the weekend before Christmas - lots of food and shopping
  • Spent Christmas with my family - even more food...I think I ate enough to feed a small third-world country in the last couple of weeks
  • Threw a New Year's Eve Party with Boyfriend
I am thoroughly exhausted just thinking about how busy my month was. So glad it's over! Seeing as the last bullet point is the most recent event, I will go into a little more detail about that.

We had about 15 people come over to ring in the new year. I picked up a sandwich platter and meat and cheese tray from Honeybaked Ham, bought a veggie tray, and made my very popular garlic 'n' herb spinach dip (take note to the recipe, Single Girl. It's so easy and people will think you're a culinary whiz). I even set up my nifty new chocolate fountain...

Here are a few pictures of the evening...



Here is the lovely spread of appetizers that we had for the party


Nothing like a chocolate fondue fountain with pretzels, marshmallows, and strawberries...YUM!

The dessert station and more party favors

Getting started with the festivities...


The Gang




Congregating in kitchen...why is it we ALWAYS all end up in the kitchen?!?!

About to start the countdown with champagne in hand...

YAY! Doc was able to ring in the new year with us!!!




Isn't Boyfriend just so cute???? So festive! Note the Gator colors of his leis.




10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Let the dancing begin!



Boyfriend getting the shot chiller ready with fresh lemon drops



All of us still hovering around the kitchen...AGAIN!

Boyfriend and me at the end of the night. Aren't we just so hot? Although...I look like I don't have a neck...strange!

~*~

So that was our evening. Luckily, I pretty much cleaned everything before we went to bed so that I we didn't awake to a disaster zone. New year's day was spent primarily watching football and fading in and out of sleep on the couch. Aaaahhhh!!!! I had the unfortunate luck to have to work last night though at Job #2, so I'm a bit tired today.

I will post more tomorrow about resolutions, but as of right now I am officially spent after finishing this post and all the problems I had with uploading these pics...JEEZ! Hope you all had a fantastic holiday season, and I wish you all a great 2008!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looks like y'all had a lot of fun! Wish I could have been there. Happy New Year!!!