Friday, January 25, 2008

Blah Blah Blah


After work yesterday, I attended a work happy hour with one of our portfolio companies. It was alright...typical work happy hour. I consider it "working after hours." I got to meet a number of new people from the other company which was nice, but I would've much rather been at home vegetating on the couch.

Afterwards, I attended a party for friends who got engaged that night. AK's boyfriend proposed during dinner at Brennan's and then headed over to Reef for drinks where all their friends would be waiting to surprise her in a celebration of champagne toasts! AK was so excited to see everyone and her ring was GORGEOUS! Luckily, I was able to duck out around 9:30pm and was in bed by 10pm...woohoo!

Other than that, I have nothing to report today. I plan to finally unpack that last pesky large box from my move seeing it's been over a month and Boyfriend is pretty tired of maneuvering around an obstacle course in the walk-in closet. Now don't laugh, but Boyfriend and I seriously want to watch the newest Rambo that comes out today. Maybe we'll see it tomorrow. You have to give Stallone some props for being 102 years old and still trying to play John Rambo. I think part of me is going for the nostalgia of seeing Rambo...c'mon everybody loves a non-thought-requiring action movie every once in a while...but partly because the dialogue in that script has got to be priceless. I swear Sly only had 4 lines in the first movie! It was like Cast Away with explosions and killing people...so I guess really nothing like Cast Away...hehe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen any Rambo movies. I have never seen any of the Rocky movies. I did hear something on the radio this morning about how the creators of this Rambo installment were not letting the press have any kind of advanced screening...not a good sign. Please let me know what you think. I told Ginger I'd go and see this with him...yay!

Rice Spice said...

The acting has got to be terrible, but they are in ALL the Rambo movies. I look forward to the cheesiness!!!

sublimenigma said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of Rambo.
Oh, and now that you're famous...I'll totally be looking you up next time I get my hair cut and see a copy of ICON sitting on the shelf.
I'll be all "I kinda sorta maybe know her a tiny little bit! You're all jealous!"
Then I'll be embarrassed by my outburst and I'll leave in a hurry.
My hair will look terrible and it'll all be your fault!
Okay, I've gone too far.
But it's early on a saturday and I'm still not used to this waking up thing.

Back to what started this...have fun at Rambo! :p