Friday, September 21, 2007

Resolutions Have Never Been My Strong Point

I decided to back-track to see what I posted as my New Year's Resolutions this past January. This interest came about as I realized that the year is more than halfway over. Wow, time is flying! So I wondered...What have I accomplished this year? I have a running list of things that I will note in December, but I was curious as to how well I was keeping with what I had listed as minor goals for 2007 thus far. I've come to the conclusion that resolutions are just set-ups for failure. Dare say, tools of the devil.
  • 2 drink and 1 shot minimum - Hmmmpf...let's..errrr...move on to the next bullet point, shall we?
  • Going to the gym more regularly - This I have been doing. Although I slack here and there, I do find time at the very least two times a week and at an average of 3-4 times weekly. Not bad, not bad...if I do say so myself.
  • Less cursing - In my opinion, I have shaved this a bit. Remember, I said "less" not "not at all." However, Baby has his own opinion of the matter as he fears he has become involved with less of a delicate flower and more of Sarah Silverman-Lite.
  • Visiting out of town friends more - I have been traveling quite a bit lately, but I'm guilty of it having been more trips for just me and Baby going away together rather than visiting friends. I do promise to try to see Pocahontas and J.Smith, Doc, and Sparky SOON!!!
  • Giving up all things that bring me down or bring nothing positive to the table (activities, people, and stuffs) - I have, as Doc so upbruptly puts it, "written a few people off." These were people who either have hurt me beyond the realm of forgiveness or have a knack for being petty about insignificant things. Although some of them will be missed, life is much easier not dealing with drama. As for the activities and stuffs, let's just say that I'm a lot more of a goodie two-shoes than Rice Spice '06.

Two out of five isn't too bad. I still have three more months to make good on some of these, so we shall see. Maybe next year I will be a tad more realistic. For example:

  • Date only Caucasian men who love the Florida Gators, are unbelievably ticklish, and always forgets our friends' girlfriends/boyfriends' names
  • Eat Chicken
  • Buy more shoes
  • Be Short
  • Be Filipino

With a resolution list like that, I'm positive of success in 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't even KNOW if I actually made any resolutions this year (and am too lazy to dig through my archives to find out, if truth be told). It wouldn't matter, because I can imagine what I would have resolved to do (lose weight, work out, etc) and I've done NONE of those things. I agree with making more realistic goals for next year. Mine should be, like, umm, eating more chocolate and cleaning the house as little as I can get away with? Yeah, that should work! :)