Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Yes, I am very late with my holiday postings. I suppose I haven't had as much holiday cheer as in the past, therefore creating the lull in postings. So with a quick recap, I spent the Christmas holiday with my family and rang in the new year with some friends. Let's just say 2007 didn't start the way I wanted it, but I plan on some making a few adjustments to make 2007 exactly what I want it to be!

On a quick note of which I won't go into much detail over seeing as I don't blog much about my personal life (unless it involves me being sensually ravished by Ben Affleck), I've decided to consider a reconciliation with ex-Baby after lots of time and thought. We are still in the beginnings of determining what it is we need to do to have this work when it didn't the last time, but I'm hoping to keep a positive attitude about what the future holds. All that I ask it that you be happy for me.

Anyway, the hamster running in it's wheel that I call my brain has been doing a number since yesterday trying to come up with a few new year's resolutions. I thought I should pick 5 of them just to give me some cushion so that I can be successful on at least one of them. This is what I came up with:

  1. 2 drink and 1 shot minimum (rarity of special occasions can be taken under consideration - ie., my 30th birthday in April) - As we all know that this little girlie does have a weakness for the drink, and unfortunately as of recent has taught me that it is a major influence in turning me into someone I'm not or rather someone I prefer not to become. So with that in mind, I have decided to cut my drinking to the barest I find doable in this restriction. To say I give it up altogether would be an obvious set-up for failure, so reducing consumption is more realistic...don't you think?
  2. Going to the gym more regularly - Isn't this EVERYONE'S nyr (new year's resolution)??? But seriously, I do enjoy my gym time and am usually pretty good at going, but recent months have been lacking in motivation. It's time to spring back into shape and look good for my upcoming trip to the Land of Aloha in February (I plan on going to the Pro Bowl...woohoo!).
  3. Less cursing - Note: I did NOT say "no cursing." Had I said that, we all know that I've already broken this by now ;) My intent is to not be such a trash-talking sailor seeing as I need to start presenting myself as the delicate, fragile flower that I am...hehe.
  4. Visiting friends out of town more - This is directed more to Doc, Sparky et al, Pocahontas and J.Smith, etc. 2006 was pretty tough for me as for finding time to see my friends, but I'll make a conscious effort to not have 2007 be a repeat.
  5. Giving up all things that bring me down or bring nothing positive to the table (activities, people, and stuffs) - This is just a blanket nyr that covers a number of things. I'm getting too old for senseless and/or destructive things in my life, so it's time to clean house, baby!

Well, that's all for now. I hope everyone else had a great holiday. I'm so glad I got to spend a little time with Doc while he was in town, but disappointed that Curly-haired Wonder got snowed-in while in New Mexico and couldn't ring in 2007 with us :(

PS. This posting, along with the next few upcoming ones, will not be accompanied with photos...boooooo! Due to some upsetting circumstances, my BFF Canon digital camera has sadly demised over the Christmas holiday. Now I must rely on others for timely downloads of pics from their own cameras (and we all know how that goes). Hopefully, I can buy a new one VERY soon. An Asian without a camera is just down-right blasphemous!

No comments: