Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What a disasterous morning!

So in an effort to get back on my healthy track, I got up this morning and ran 2.5 miles. I was struggling BIG TIME. Just a couple of months ago, I was running 3 miles stretches with ease 4 days a week and up to 5 miles if I felt like pushing myself. Gotta hate when slacking on your gym time takes it's toll on you! I get back to my apartment and head straight to the bathroom to turn the shower on, and then it happened - *squirt, squirt, trickle, squirt*. The water wasn't working. So I head over to the sink and try that. Again, denied.

After calling my complex for almost half an hour and getting a busy signal, I finally get the answering service at which time they confirm what I already knew. A water line had broken affecting the entire complex, and there was no estimated time as to when it would be fixed. So there I stood... mortified that I would have to go through the day a greasy, sweaty, smelly mess because we're short-staffed today, and I HAVE to be at the office and can't take a personal day. What's even more ironic is that it's the one day that every single one of my friends that normally don't have to be in for work until 8:30 a.m. or later all went to work early this morning squashing any possibility of toting my toiletries elsewhere for a shower. What are the odds?

So I kicked into resourceful gear. With the help of some bottled waters and a packet of my two-year-old niece's baby wipes left at my place on her last visit, I was able to make myself quasi-presentable for the general public. I felt like I was camping with what I had to work with. Greasy hair pulled back in a ponytail and doused with tropical body spray, I was only 30 minutes late to work. Maybe this is a sign that going to the gym is bad luck...haha.

No comments: