It's official - I have a place I can call home once my lease at my current apartment expires. It's uber cute! It is located in the Montrose area right at the edge of where it stops being Midtown. It's fantastic. It's a privately-owned unit that is smaller than my old apartment, but has LOTS of charm. Luckily, it was built only 8 years ago, so all the paint, fixtures, and appliances are relatively new.
I decided when I planned to downgrade in my living space and expenses that I would be losing a lot of the amenities that I have become accustomed. However, what this place lacks in size and no dishwasher, more than makes up for in location, PRICE, and kitsch factor. Doing dishes by hand again will be somewhat of a challenge, but that shouldn't be a major problem with it just being me... guess there will be no major entertaining at my casa anymore.
Here are a few pics of the place:
This is the view from the living room to the dining and the kitchen. The landlord imported the stained-glass windows from London. They open out from the side... very cute. And, no, that's not my tacky table. I think it's extra furniture the landlord lets tenants use should they want to.

This is on the way to the vanity. It will take some getting use to all this girlie decor, but for the most part, I find it quaint.

This is a look into the bathroom... nothing extravagant, but nice and clean.

3 comments:
It's very cute! When do you move?
I move next weekend! Have I started packing up my place yet? That would be NO! I'm starting tonight, having a packing party throughout the weekend (The theme: Boozed Up While Boxing Up - lord help me with how everything will turn out after that), and then I have the rest of next week... Wish me luck!
How very adorable!! I'm glad you were able to find a place! I LOVE the stained glass windows, and I would SO love to live in the Montrose area ... lucky you!!!
Post a Comment