Monday, January 22, 2007

Daydreaming of Vacation

Yes, I have a case of the Mondays. I have no focus whatsoever for work today. I keep thinking about wanting to take a vacation, but then get yanked back into reality when an email pops up with more work I need to do. Unfortunately, I finish the work so quickly that I'm back to daydreaming of being somewhere else relaxing. It's just one of those days... I think this is mainly brought on by the fact that Baby is on a plane right now on his way to warm Cancun for the week while I'm stuck in cold, rainy Houston.

All this thinking of getting away has pushed me to do a little more research on our trip to Fredericksburg, TX next month for Valentine's Day Weekend. We've decided to drive to Hill Country and visit some of the wineries out there. Considering it's something I've wanted to do for years and have never gotten around to it, we figure it's the best weekend getaway we can do since Baby is still limited on vacation time or PTO (paid time off) because he just started his job at his current company only 6 months ago.

We're staying at a bed and breakfast in one of their individual cottages called Sophie's Suite. Very romantic. I'm waiting for the booking agent to send me pics of the place because it's very new - I'll post them once I get them. The B&B also brings us breakfast to our cottage every morning...tres manifique! And of course being the most anal travel planner ever, I have already narrowed down the wineries we will visit Saturday to four locations that are within close proximity to one another and within the realm of our preferred tastes in wines according to the wineries' self-descriptions and other travelers' suggestions. We plan to visit Becker Vineyards, Torre di Pietra, Grape Creek Vineyard, and Fredericksburg Winery. There are others that I think sound really tasty, but are a bit further for us to drive to from where we are staying. We're not all too familiar with the area, so I guess we can hit those next time if we decide that we enjoyed the trip this first time around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know how the trip goes ... I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do something similiar in the future ... how utterly romantic!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well with Baby! I have always wanted to go wine tasting, you are a lucky, lucky girl.

Have fun!

Single girl