As of yesterday, all of my junk has made it to the new place. It's a bit tighter of a fit than my last place, but I got everything into the new apartment. The movers had to get creative as for how to get things through a narrow doorway and up a flight of stairs, but they did it. It was worth the $250 + tip just to have them deal with getting my stuff into my abode. Plus, they had to deal with my indecisiveness of asking them to move my dresser to opposite sides of the room 3 times, my tv twice, etc.
Unfortunately, tonight I head back to my old place to steam clean the carpets (luckily my brother has a steamer), empty the refrigerator, and clean the oven. Can you believe the last place I stayed charged me $30 because I didn't clean the oven?!?! I guess it's worth the $4 it costs to buy oven cleaner, huh? Thank goodness I already knocked out cleaning the bathroom.
Other than apartment stuff to complain about, I have little of interest to report. This week will be the adjustment period. I'm sure that the ding dong I am will occasionally find myself driving towards the old apartment at which time I will have to turn all the way around and head to my new home. Oh, well...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"Auto-pilot" is a tough thing to turn off, let me tell you ... you will certainly drive to the old place, at least twice, as is apparently mandated by law.
Glad the move went well. Congrats on the new place!!
I see you turned on word verification ... excellent!!
Glad to hear you got everything moved...and I agree, movers are AWESOME!
Post a Comment