It's been a crazy couple of weeks. I've been flying out to Tampa on Fridays and flying back into town on Sundays. It's been pretty tough, but Boyfriend and I have made a lot of progress on the house.As of this weekend, the master bedroom is about 85% complete. We went to a fabric store to pick out a fabric for drapes, got a little Vietnamese woman to make the 10.5' tall and 6' wide flat panel drapes (yes, the window in the master bedroom is gargantuan), and got very nice clips and and a nice decorative curtain rod. On top of that, we were able to clean and somewhat organize the room as a whole. The closets need some organizing work, artwork needs to be hung, and we're missing my flatscreen lcd tv that won't be there until I drive out with it...but other than those few things, we're all set there with our master bedroom.
Overall, there's just a bunch of little things that need to be done throughout the house. The big things we're waiting for are the delivery of our living room's plasma screen, the delivery of our entertainment unit, and the arrival of our plantation shutters for the rest of the house. I'm guessing we'll be able to get the house in order in the next two weeks.
As for the Rice Spice front, let me update. I just got scheduled for a job interview this upcoming Monday for a company in St. Pete. That's just over a big bridge by my house...about 20 minutes. Looks like it would be a great opportunity, but again, it's just my first interview. I'm not sure what I'm going to tell my current job. I really hate lying to them, but it's inevitable to keeping the paychecks flowing for right now. Regardless, I've decided to tell them next Friday that Boyfriend was offered an opportunity he couldn't refuse and that I will be joining him. I will give them an entire month to find my replacement(s)...unless I get a great job offer that requires me to start a bit earlier.
So for right now, I'm still living a double life. It SUCKS! I miss having Boyfriend around when I come home at night. Don't get me wrong. Blondie is fantastic, but still...she's no Boyfriend :)
On a lighter note, I was able to check some of the local activities with Boyfriend this past weekend. When I landed at around 8pm Friday, Boyfriend and I directly met Biggsy for dinner....can't remember the restaurant. It was nice enough, but their lobster bisque sucked big donkey you know whats. We even found time to check out a nearby fresh market and squeeze in some pool time at some point over the weekend. We decided that nonstop house work was going to kill us if we didn't sprinkle in a little fun here and there. Plus, we needed a distraction from thinking about all the money we've been dropping on the house...ugh!
Saturday night, we made our way to Indian Rocks Beach for dinner. It was kind of far from our house (about 40 minutes), but a guy at a furniture place we had gone to highly suggested Salt Rock Grill out in that area. Unfortunately, the restaurant was packed, and we couldn't get in without a reservation. We ended up at Guppy's on the Beach. It's not really on the beach, but it was awesome. It definitely warranted it's ranking #1 on Tripadvisor.com.
Well, that's it for now. It's getting late, and I should really try to go to bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment