Saturday, August 16, 2008

What a night...

Initially, I was sitting here at Blondie's house in the dark living room enjoying the rain. The only bad thing is that it appears her dish network system has zonked out due to the storm...boooooo! I've done the whole resetting thing, so it now says it could take up to 30 minutes. WTF? Oh, well...I figured I can take this time to blog.

Last night Boyfriend flew in from Tampa. Poor thing...his flight was about 2 hours late due to storms in both Houston and Tampa. I was so excited when he finally got here though! The good thing about his flight being late was that I was able to pick him up myself. I had a car scheduled to pick him up because he was getting in about 1.5 hours before I got off work and didn't see any way that I could break away. Although after sitting in rush hour to get him and just about that long back into to town after I got him in the car, I seriously regretted not just paying for the car service to have done it for me...sheesh!

Anyway, we ended up eating at Gigi's last night with Grove, Blondie, and Blondie's new date-type person. I don't think they are quite at some label point in their dating, so I shall continue to just call him "date-type person." We all had a great time. The food was excellent! It doesn't hurt that I know the General Manager, and we were given complimentary appetizers that were oh so good! You guys should try this place if you like Chinese food.

Afterwards, Grove, Boyfriend and I went for drinks at Mugsy's. I've realized we're getting old. Not so much that the place had younger people there because there were people our age there, too. We recall Mugsy being this dark, smoky bar with NO ONE...I mean NO ONE... in it. It was usually our gang and maybe some random drunk guy drinking solo at the end of the bar. This place was crazy packed with the shishi Midtown crowd last night. How and when did that happen?!?! Strange. Not that it was a bad thing, just so not what it use to be. We hit a few other places and eventually made it home into the wee hours of the morning.

As were going to bed, Boyfriend told me how much he loved me. He tells me he loves me all the time, but every once in a while it hits me just how luck I am to have him. This morning as the dusk became dawn, I couldn't believe that I could love the man any more that I already did...but I do. Cheesey...I know.

No comments: