The Olympic coverage did some bit on him talking about how his build helps him swim. They say he has both the tall man and short man's strengths. He has the average/shorter legs of a man who is 6'0", and the upper body of a guy who would be 6'8". Crazy. He stands 6'4" but has a wingspan of 6'7". I forgot what they said his shoulders measured, but I recall them saying he had a 32 inch waist. Wtf?!? That's tiny! When I actually watched him when he got out of the pool after the 200IM race, I noticed for the first time just how friggin' thin his waist was. He's got to seriously look like an upside-down triangle in person. He's also so flexible and double-jointed that when you watch him stretch his arms backwards it just looks so bizarre.
Good luck, Michael Phelps!!!! Boyfriend and I are cheering you on nightly...along with millions of your other supporters!*on a side note - I'm crossing fingers that Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin do well. The US Women's Gymanstics team has been making simple mistakes from the get-go on the team events. It already looks like Shawn has already botched her landing off the vault, but at least the girl from China that went after her literally fell on her ass.
Ok....gotta pay attention. Phelps is back on to swim the 100M Butterfly...

2 comments:
I watched the same thing last night. I started thinking to myself, "Wow, he's got a body to shoot someone for, but the way he's put together is all kinds of weird." After I watched the breakdown of his body measurements, they showed him getting out of the pool and that was the first time I noticed how short his legs looked compared to the rest of his body. I am an Aaron Piersol fan, I think he should marry me!
I stayed up until the very end watching the gymnastics, I was so happy when I saw Nastia Liukin get the gold!
Another thing that I have realized while watching the Olympics...I am really fat and I really need to get off my butt and start working out.
You and Piersol would make a very attractive couple. I better get an invitation to that!
As for the Olympics making you feel like you have to get off your butt, why do you think I started running regularly again??? I kept thinking if these people can train 8 or 9 hours a day, I can at least run for 30 minutes!!! Jeez!
Post a Comment