Monday, July 28, 2008

I've found my cash cow! Or, at least my cash calf...

You know when you see items at the store on tv and think, "Man! I should've thought of that!" I do that almost everyday. So many products that are sold are such simple concepts. Make you wonder why you haven't already thought of something that could drop some extra dinero your way. Think about the soda can dispenser for you refrigerator, the PedEgg for your feet, the hard plastic sandwich box to keep your sandwich from getting smooshed, or the briefcase with wheels. Granted some of the products sell extremely inexpensively, but even if you had a product that costs the consumer $3 0r $4, that's still quite a bit once you add the millions of consumers that will buy it because it's "nifty". Or imagine if you had a product you could sell for about $30...hmmmm...the possibilities. Of course, you also have to keep in mind the initial cost of producing your product.

So here's the deal. Tonight, I had an epiphany. I won't say what the epiphany was or what exactly that I was doing when it came to me, but I've been scouring the internet to see if something like it even exists since it happened. After Google-ing and using other search engines for derivatives of what this product could be called and not coming up with an existing product or similar image of a product to my idea, I think this could very well be something innovative. I got so excited that I called Boyfriend about it even though I had just gotten off the phone with him about an hour earlier to say our good nights. Although he initially giggled at the fact that I got so excited about coming up with something and how I couldn't wait until morning to tell him, he also thought it was a great concept.

I suppose I should research this more and possibly create a rough prototype. Wish me luck that this product does not exist! Maybe one day, I'll blog about a new product that was created by your very own Rice Spice :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's awesome! If you ever have an infomercial, please let me be in it...and maybe Susan Lucci.