However, I have been sooooo yearning for a little four-legged doggie running around lately. I keep telling Boyfriend that we need one. I even know exactly the kind I want and know what to name him...because, of course, it WILL be a "he", and Boyfriend has no say in naming him. He will be a boston terrier and his name will be Otis. Nice, huh? Boyfriend is running resistence to my campaign for a new family member. Although I agree that we are in a major transition and a dog would make things even more complicated, I am still working on softening him to the concept.
Even as we looked at some of the homes in Tampa, I made sure to remind Boyfriend that we needed enough room for Otis to run around as I am sure he'd bore easily if we lived at a place with a tiny yard. In addition, I have added this picture as our screen saver to remind Boyfriend of how cute Otis is:
Here is a picture I found at which I have named the black and white terrier Otis and the lighter terrier is his friend Mabel - short for Maybelline. I even tell Boyfriend, "Say good night to Otis," when he powers down the computer. Yes, I know... I'm not at all bizarre.
In the end, Boyfriend is right (and you will rarely ever read/hear me admit that, so he better relish in this instance!). Transitioning into a new city, getting situated with a new job, and trying to regain a network of connections will not leave much time to tend to a new puppy for either one of us. It would be extremely unfair to the little guy, so I guess Otis will have to be on hold temporarily.
In short, I guess that when all my girlfriends had baby fever, they got dogs. I have puppy fever, so I guess I'll just get a fish. I just don't think this:
...will ever be as cuddly as Otis. Sigh.

2 comments:
If you really want a pet that will love you forever...get a pound puppy. The SPCA has great dogs! That's where we got Pilah AKA Felix. Dogs that are rescued from certain death are better pets, in my opinion. They are forever greatful, and they are usually healthier than pedigrees!
~Weenie
I also want a dog, I figure since I'm not having kids I need something to love and snuggle. There is one at the Pasadena Humane Society that I have fallen in love with. But, sadly, I realize this would not be a good time to try to take care of a dog.
I can't believe your moving, we HAVE to get together now and have a drink, maybe several.
Post a Comment