Monday, July 28, 2008

Update

I know, I know... you feel neglected. I promise you that it is not because I don't want to blog, but I have been absolutely slammed at work lately (which is when I normally squeeze in some slacker time to post) and my life in general has been nothing short of chaotic.

First off, the Houston home is SOLD! We no longer have official residence in Texas...sadness. We are now owners of a beautiful little townhome at the Westshore Yacht Club (photo is of one of the pools at the yacht club...nice, huh?). Currently, I am living with my friend Blondie as I continue to get myself better positioned to move and be with Boyfriend permanently. Many thanks to Blondie for taking in a vagabond!!!

Our stuff was suppose to arrive via Mayflower moving truck Wednesday, but the guy had a death in the family and informed Boyfriend that he will be there tomorrow instead. Grrr!!! I feel bad for the mover guy, but my life is on a very strict schedule and he threw it all off! I planned to take Wednesday and Thursday off from Job #1 so that I can be there when the movers arrived and have an additional day to unpack a few things. That way, I can tell them exactly where to put furniture so that if I don't like it the way I envisioned it, they can rearrange it or take it to a different floor of the house rather than us doing it on our own after they leave. NOW... Boyfriend will have to do all the furniture placement with the movers by himself. Not that he is incapable of such a feat, but if I don't like where he has something placed, he and I may be moving a big screen tv from one floor to another...and that is just not happy times. So being the control freak that I am, I have printed out the floor plan of the new house, and started drawing where I want everything. I know...anal much? Anyway, I plan to scan and email it to Boyfriend so that he has explicit directions as to where things will go. I told him to use his best judgement because if it looks bad or I misjudged space size, he will have to figure out how to make things work. So I will arrive Wednesday and just spend time unpacking and determining what we need or are lacking for the new house.

So as of right now, my travel schedule is as follows:
  • Wednesday - 7am flight to Tampa arriving at 10:30am, survey the layout of our furniture and determine neccesities to purchase, go shopping for the house, unpack a few things
  • Thursday - unpack more stuff then take a flight at 9pm arriving back to Houston at 10:10pm.
  • Friday - Work Job #1 since I couldn't take off (toooooo much going on at the office that I couldn't be away for 3 days) and then depart on a flight after work back to Tampa for the weekend

My nickname is "Headless Chicken" at this point! Anyone wonder why I've been having bouts of insomnia lately????

Anyhoodle, the job hunt in Tampa is still going at a snail's pace. On a positive note, I now officially have a Tampa cell phone number and address to replace all my Houston contact info on my resume. This should help me get a little more attention since they will consider that my resume is from someone local rather than out of state - let's hope, right? I need you all to send me your lucky mojo because this sista needs it!

In the meantime, I am continuing to enjoy the company of my close friends in Houston while I'm still here. I am always reminded...and even more so right now in the midst of all this craziness... that my friends ROCK! Of course, I look forward to meeting new people in Tampa, but those new people have quite a tough act to follow...

No comments: