
As I mentioned before, Baby is working out of Kingston, Jamaica until next Friday. Meaning he will be there through the weekend - our only time we get to really see each other due to our work schedules. He has called me everyday watching the flights into Montego Bay like a hawk since Job# 2 flies there. In a perfect world, the flights would remain open enough for me to fly standby tomorrow and return on Sunday. He would take a local carrier and meet me in MoBay - as the Jamaicans call it. The flights have remained relatively open (more than we expected), and Baby has been pushing me to meet him there.
Unfortunately, I would have to call in sick to Job# 1 (*cough*cough*) to pull it off. (Thus I will probably remove this post after today just to cover my tracks but still keep it on file to repost at a much later time for memory's sake...not that I think anyone at my office has my blog address, but you never know). The reason for this is that one of our HR people kind of screwed me over. Seeing as I have been with the company for 3 years as of this year, I was told I would be upgrading to 3 weeks vacation. Thus, I had already spread out a week earlier in the year and then took that whole week off last month to help my sister post-birth while my mom was out of town and her husband was off job-hunting or whatever...which left me with one full week at my disposal until the end of the year. Sadly, I was notified by the head honcho HR person that my intel was incorrect and that my 3 weeks doesn't start until January 2008. 2008?!?!? That meant I had already exhausted ALL my vacation for the year. YIKES! Me with no vacation time?!?! Had I known I only had 2 weeks, I would've only taken 2, maybe 3, days off to help my sister rather than the whole week in order to at least save a couple vacation days. However, I still have a week left of sick days. Therefore, I will all of the sudden become miserably ill tomorrow - granted, I've been building up looking like crap all week and barely wearing make-up (courtesy of Doc's suggestion to pull off said plan).
So with a lot of convincing and planning, I am heading to Jamaica tomorrow. Woohoo - although a nervous woohoo - a woohoo nonetheless! Baby has already booked his Air Jamaica flight to MoBay and made our reservations at Sunset Beach Resort & Spa for two nights - at the suggestion of some of his Kingston office coworkers. It looks amazing! Nothing like an all-inclusive resort where we can sit on the beach or by the pool and do nothing but stuff our faces and drink to our hearts delight.
Wish me luck that the flight home stays open so that I can make it home without having to call in again on Monday. That would be a bit more difficult to pull off, so I need all your fingers crossed for me!!! I feel a bit guilty about having to lie at work, but I consider this my good karma payback for helping my sister for a week. Even Sis says it's (1) a well-deserved break since I have been working my arse off, (2) I blew my weeks' worth of vacation not doing anything relatively relaxing but instead nursed her post-Cesarean self and played nanny to a 2-year-old and 2-week-old, and (3) I shouldn't pass up on an opportunity if the free flights were in my favor to meet up in the Caribbean to a hotel Baby already booked when all I have to do is show up - it's rare that the stars align that well. Probably why I'm so nervous that something is bound to go wrong. However, that conversation with my sister last night was the deciding factor that pushed me over the line of indecisiveness and into the "what the hell" side of the fence.
Again WISH ME LUCK!!!

2 comments:
You lucky girl! Do you want to trade lives???
Single Girl
Hehe, lucky BEE-ATCH!!! :)
Post a Comment