Seeing it's been a while since I've posted anything of tangible value on here, I've decided that I will give a recap of a few things that have been happened in the last couple of weeks.
Two weekends ago, Baby's sister came into town. She was coming out of a pretty sad break-up, so Baby and I decided to fly her down. She visited for the weekend, and it was my first time meeting her. The meeting went well, and I had a lot of fun with her. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed herself, so we're hoping she will return for another visit.
The work weeks are boring so I will move onto this past weekend. Baby and I had a tame Friday night. We bought the movie 300 and snuggled on the couch while watching the Spartans kick some Persian arse. When the movie started, I was fascinated with the special effects, but it was pretty slow. Then as it progressed, it turned out to be a fantastic movie. I highly recommend it. Saturday, I had to work but met up with Baby and Grove for drinks at Molina's in The Heights after I got off. We later ended at Dark Horse. Let's just say that margaritas should never be your "starter drinks" for the evening. Yesterday, we had lunch with our friends and lounged at Grove's pool at his new apartment. We ended the evening stuffing our faces with wings at BW3 in Rice Village. The day was so full of activity, but it was leisure activity - the best kind.
Baby left today for 10 days in Kingston, Jamaica again for work. Sadly, the flights to Jamaica don't really look in our favor for me to meet him there for the weekend, so I guess I'm a single woman for the next 10 days...hehehe. Seriously though, I realized something yesterday. That after a few really nasty bumps in the road, Baby and I are getting to a good place in our relationship. A lot of changes were made on both parts (mainly his), and things are getting better every day. Of course now that I've typed that, the whole bottom will fall out. But honestly, I think I've fallen even more in love with him in the last couple of weeks which I didn't think was really possible. For the first time in a long time, I'm more than content in a relationship. I'm actually happy.
On a completely different note, I'm slowly chipping away at the last Harry Potter novel. I'm about halfway through with it. I know that I'm a bit slow compared to all my other friends, but the ONLY time I get to read is at bedtime. By that time, I only make it through a handful of pages before I wake up in the middle of the night having fallen asleep with the book on my chest or next to my head. So far, it's excellent! I wish I wasn't so damn tired in the evenings that I could stay awake long enough to read a good chunk of it.
Monday, August 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So glad to hear that things are going well with you and your man. Since you are a single girl for the next 10 days, maybe we should try to get together for a drink after work one night. Do you ever have any nights during the week off?
single girl
I am actually off for the first time in forever during the week tomorrow and *possibly* Thursday. Thursday night would be fantastic to meet up for drinks. I will know for sure by tonight if I'll have Thursday night off and will let you know.
Sounds great!!!
Post a Comment