Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm officially a hot piece of ass

I'm sure that title caught your attention. Let me explain. You know how people randomly take pictures of or with "hot" people they really don't know or don't even talk to anymore and then love to show them to people to basically brag that they were around "all these hot people"...kind of like, "Check me out! I'm popular! I know all these people...and a lot of them are girls!" Usually that annoys the hell out of me, and I would consider that I would be offended. HOWEVER, it sorta happened, and I am flattered.

Again, let me explain... Many (and I mean MANY) years ago, I went out with this guy we'll call Wanderer because he travels and has lived all over the world. Before he left to live in London, we had already downgraded whatever we had to a friendship so we've stayed in touch from time to time. We've become more like that acquaintance that we only speak to if we've somehow bumped into each other (usually because we had been on the same mass forward email...or when either of us sends out mass email contact updates for when we move). He's a phenomenal guy. Very handsome, fun, exciting, a true goofball, etc. He has the same "settling down issues" that I once had. Although now I'm at a point where I have found someone to be with, Wanderer is still a soul out for having fun and globetrotting to find his next adventure...and his next conquest *wink, wink*.

As I did some stalking on MySpace, I searched him out. Low and behold, he was there! I looked him up. He now lives in Brussels, Belgium. Mind you, I haven't spoken to him since my London trip for work last year, so I was curious to see what his page looked like. As I scanned the pictures, it was the same ole goofy Wanderer in different places with tons of different people. Somewhere buried within pictures of bikini-clad Brazilian hotties was a picture of Wanderer and Rice Spice from the last time he was in Houston. How awesome is that! He has never told me he was on MySpace, so I thought about actually emailing and teasing him about needing to ask my permission to use my likeness or something retarded like that. Looking at his current photos, he's gotten pretty thin for my taste. Last I recall, he became a marathon runner and stopped eating all kinds of unhealthy stuff so he leaned out tremenously - give up fried foods?!?!? The HORROR! I actually preferred him better when he had more meat on his bones. Anyway, I apparently made the cut to be shown on his page. I know it sounds cheap and all, but hey... no one can pretend it doesn't give them an ego boost to know that an ex still keeps pictures of you...AND shows them off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sexy beast, you!