Friday night was blah... Baby's flight delays and cancellations landed him in Houston seven hours later than he was expected. By the time he got home and I was off work from a shift I picked up at Job#2 for a friend, we were both too exhausted to meet up with our friends. We grabbed a late dinner at BW3 in Midtown and called it a night.
We were much more productive on Saturday. We did a little shopping for Baby, went to the gym, and then met up with our friends at Grove's parents place to swim around in the pool and have a few drinks. The day turned out relatively nice.
As for Sunday, that was a whole different story. Do you ever just have those days where everything and anything annoys the eff out of you? From the second you wake up until you finally go to bed. Sunday was that day for me. Poor Baby didn't have a prayer. Everytime he said anything, be it "do you want to go out for lunch?" or "can you hand me the remote?" I just wanted to say, "Shut up! Please stop talking! GAWD you're so annoying!" Hehehe...how horrible, huh? Not that Baby was doing anything wrong because he didn't... I'm sure it would've been directed to anyone in my close proximity. I may have been PPMS-ing (seeing as it's 2 weeks before my "time", that would make it Pre-Pre-Menstrual Syndrome, right?). It got to a point where Baby asked if he did something wrong and why I was so mad at him. I finally told him that I should probably go home and have some alone time because I was irritated for no reason whatsoever and shouldn't take it out on him. He was ok with that, but I'm sure he spent some time yesterday afternoon replaying his actions in his head to double check that he, in fact, did nothing to spark the mood I was in. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading my book Middlesex, and doing laundry. I finally called him this morning to tell him the cloud has passed and I wasn't such a raging biotch today. I'm sure he's extremely relieved.
Monday, August 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OMG, I hate days like that. I have days where just the sounds of certain people's voices makes me want to stab them with a bic pen just to make them shut up! The last time I got like that, not only was I bitchy but I was emotional too. I remember watching Dirty Dancing (I know, I'm a dork) and started crying when Johnny and Baby got the lift at the end of the movie. I am such a dork, I really do need to get a life!
I still get a little teary-eyed when I watch Dirty Dancing, too! Can you believe Baby has NEVER watched it?!?! Blasphemy, I tell ya!
Yesterday was so horrible! Baby would say "hello" and I'd want to push him down the stairs. WTF is up with that? Thank goodness that it's over. I'm sure he's 10x's happier that wave of irritation has passed.
Oh my GAWD, those weird mood swings are the story of my freakin' life! Mine get so bad that I now only have to warn everyone that I feel "the mood" approaching, and they all back quickly away. It sucks, and I thought I was a complete freak 'o' nature for having them, but looks like it's more common than I thought.
Post a Comment